REPORTS TO: Lead Dentist?
Responsibilities as a Dental Assistant:
A Dental Assistant is responsible for setting up and sanitizing operatories
before each patient. Seating as well as determining patient’s needs. Assisting
Doctors during procedures. Handles all cases that are being sent to
Laboratories. Performing other clinical and administrative tasks as required.
Duties of the Position:
• Chair-side Assisting
• Check Vitals
• Review charts for any information the Doctor should require.
• Take and develop radiographs (x-rays).
• Answer questions and give information directly to patient within the
limits of knowledge and dental practice guidelines.
• Take impressions and pour up and trim models.
• Practice and promote proper Infection Control procedures.
• Do housekeeping chores and run errands (when applicable).
• Coordinate patient and Doctor contact.
• Maintain inventory of supplies, equipment and instruments “Dispense?
appropriately to other floor RDAs”.
• Research and maintain case promptness and accuracy. Follow written?Lab
• Perform other duties as required.
A High School diploma is required. Completion of a Dental Assistant course at a
Junior College level is mandatory. Previous patient care experience in a dental
practice would be an advantage.
• Possesses the tact required for work situations that involve disgruntle
• Demonstrate tack in dealing effectively with patients, physicians and
other team members in the work environment.
• Can professionally and effectively deal with people who are in pain and
• Mentor and train other clinical assistants. Receives supervision from the
Lead Dentist and Office Administrator.
• Reports to the Office Administrator, President and Lead Dentist in all