Location of the available position(s) are Southwest San Antonio.
We are currently seeking several Permanent Full Time Dental Hygienist to add to
our team of 600+ employees.
CentroMed is recognized in San Antonio and the surrounding areas as a leading
health care provider for quality customer service, clinical excellence,
comprehensive care, and responsiveness to community needs.
Provide quality dental care and associated services to patients under the
general supervision of a dentist using established dental hygiene procedures.
Assist other staff in a variety of patient care, office and sterilization
duties. Perform broad responsibilities for clinic and community dental health
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Improve the oral health of patients through the delivery of periodontal
therapies and other dental hygiene-related services.
2. Enhance the efficiency of the clinic by performing expanded duties as
allowable by law and as directed by the dentist.
3. Ensure all patients enjoy a positive experience, and are treated with the
care and compassion.
4. Ensure all patient records and related documentation are managed and
maintained timely, accurately, and consistent with all HIPAA and related
regulations and requirements.
5. Ensure all tasks provided and associated with patient care, patient
administrative processes, and related duties comply with all regulatory and
accreditation standards, as well as clinic policies and procedures.
6. Ensure direct patient care is delivered using established dental hygiene
7. Develop favorable relationships with all patients. Interact positively with
patients to provide information and education about oral hygiene, handle
and resolve patient concerns with enthusiasm and empathy.
8. Establish favorable working relationships with all staff members associated
with clinic operations, including Patient Services Reps (PSR), dental
assistants, dentists, and related staff.
Stewardship and Professionalism
9. Uphold and consistently represent the values and mission of CentroMed at
all times. Represent the CentroMed in a highly professional manner at all
10. Ensure compliance and attention to all corporate policies and procedures.
11. Complete continuing education as necessary to retain state license.
1. Provide direct patient care and dental services as trained, licensed, and
assigned. Assess dental condition and needs of patient using approved
patient screening procedures, including medical history review, dental charting,
and periodontal charting.
2. Evaluate overall oral health, examining oral cavity for signs of
periodontal disease or possible cancers, including recessed and bleeding gums, and
3. Expose, process radiograph films.
4. Document dental history or chief complaint; record and report pertinent
observations and patient reactions to dentists, as appropriate.
5. Document lab procedures and ensure follow up on results.
6. Follow through with oral hygiene procedures in accordance with treatment
plans prescribed by the attending dentist. Procedures may include: Prophylaxis,
periodontal scaling, root planning, debridement, supra and subgingival
scaling and curettage, application of fluoride treatments, and application of
7. Assist with or initiate emergency measures for sudden adverse developments
during treatment of patients.
8. Conduct dental health clinics for community groups to augment services of
9. Help patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
10. Educate patients in oral hygiene and dental care, including proper tooth
brushing, flossing, nutrition and need for professional care.
11. Demonstrate commitment to the mission of CentroMed in promoting dental
12. Interact positively with a diverse, sometimes difficult, and demanding
patient population.Provide service in a manner that is appropriate for the
patient’s age; demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to meet the patient’s
physical, psychosocial, educational and safety needs.
13. Read, write, and maintain patient records and related administrative
14. Utilize the requisite tools, systems, technology and equipment in the
collection of patient data, records management and collections.
15. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of dentistry procedures, clinic
infection control procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments,
tray setup and materials.
16. Demonstrate knowledge of established oral hygiene concepts and periodontal
A. High school diploma or equivalent.
B. Successful completion of an accredited dental hygienist program.
C. Current Registered Dental Hygienist with state licensure.
D. Current CPR.
A. Demonstrates success with clear thinking and ability to reorganize as
B. Demonstrates success in working independently, prioritization and problem
C. Demonstrates success in organization abilities.
D. Demonstrates success in computer skills including ability to use computer
for scheduling, dental records and digital x-rays.
E. Demonstrates success in customer service/patient services or working with
the general public, preferably in a medical care facility.
F. Demonstrates success in managing difficult customer/patient situations
G. Significant knowledge of dental practices and procedures.
H. Demonstrates success and experience with direct patient services and the
proper knowledge and use of dental devices and equipment.
A. Bilingual (Spanish and English) preferred.
B. Ability to move freely (Bending, reaching, standing, stooping, walking,
pushing and pulling).
C. A medium to high level of manual dexterity required. Ability to use hands
to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
D. Occasional lifting and pushing
E. Normal accessibility and mobility throughout the region required
F. Normal overtime/extended work hours
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure
__X___ Category I: Job classification includes ALL employees who have
occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (blood or body fluids) while
performing their job duties.