Location of the available position(s) are on the southwest side of San Antonio.
We are currently seeking several temporary full time Registered Dental
Assistants to add to our team of 600+ employees. CentroMed is recognized in
San Antonio and the surrounding areas as a leading health care provider for
quality customer service, clinical excellence, comprehensive care, and
responsiveness to community needs.
The Registered Dental Assistant will be responsible to provide a range of
procedures and staff support in a full range of dental operational services.
The Registered Dental Assistant will provide quality care and services to
patients by assisting the dentist and other dental staff in a variety of chair-
side dental procedures, patient care, office, and laboratory duties. The RDA
will affect the efficiency and productivity of patient flow through timely,
accurate, and professional preparation of patients, including taking and
processing x-rays. The RDA must be knowledgeable in all dentistry procedures,
clinic infection control procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments,
tray setup and materials.
1. Ensure all patients enjoy a positive experience, and are treated with
the care and compassion expected.
2. Ensure all patient records and related documents are managed and
accurately, and consistent with all HIPAA and related regulations and
3. Affect favorable billing and collection outcomes. Ensure all patient
service(s) in timely and accurately manner is correct upon check out of
4. Ensure all tasks provided and associated with patient care, patient
administrative processes, and related duties comply with all regulatory
and accreditation standards, as well as clinic policies and procedures.
5. Develop favorable relationships with all patients. Instruct patients
and their family members on general oral health care and/or information
related to post-treatment care as appropriate.
6. Establish favorable working relationships with all staff members
associated with clinic
operations, including Dental Customer Services Reps (CSR), dental
hygienists, dentists, and related staff.
Stewardship and Professionalism
7. Uphold and consistently represent the values and mission of the
organization at all times.
Represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times.
8. Ensure compliance and attention to all corporate policies and
1. Prepare and maintain dental instruments, materials and equipment.
2. Collect and record patient health histories (dental and medical) and
record information for dentist’s reference prior to examination.
3. Help patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental
4. Conduct work in compliance with office policies and procedures, safety
and OSHA guidelines.
5. Expose radiographs.
6. Assist dentist chair-side by organizing and preparing instruments for
dentist’s use and assisting as needed during procedures.
7. Advise patients in oral hygiene and dental care.
8. Follow through with post-visit duties.
9. Backup the other staff positions provide relief and support to other
staff functions and perform office duties as requested.
10. Interact positively with a diverse, sometimes difficult, and demanding
11. Provide services in a manner that is appropriate for the patient’s age,
demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to meet the patient’s
physical, psycho social, educational, and safety needs.
12. Demonstrate commitment to the mission of the organization in promoting
13. Read, write and maintain patient records and related administrative
14. Utilize the requisite tools, systems, technology and equipment in the
collection of patient data, records management and collections.
15. Demonstrate knowledge of dentistry procedures, clinic infection control
procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments, tray setup and
16. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performance will be evaluated by the Director of Community Clinics for Dental
Services and the Lead Dental Assistant using the Performance Evaluation CDB Form
1006c (Rev 2/94) wherein a satisfactory overall rating is considered as a
minimum acceptable level of performance.
A. High school diploma or equivalent plus graduate from accredited Dental
B. Successful completion of a dental assistant licensing as required by the
C. RDA-Radiation safety certification or successful completion of a
radiation safety course. Texas State Board of Dental Examiners licensed.
D. CPR certified.
E. Nitrous Oxide Monitoring Certification preferred.
F. Sealant Certified or Sealant Course certificate of attendance preferred.
A. Demonstrates success with clear thinking and ability to reorganize as
B. Demonstrates success in working independently, prioritization and
C. Demonstrates success in organization abilities.
D. Demonstrates success in computer skills including ability to use
computer for scheduling, word documents and reasonable keyboard skills.
E. Demonstrates success in customer service/patient services or working
with the general
public, preferably in a medical or dental care facility.
F. Demonstrates success in managing difficult customer situations.
G. Knowledge of dental practices and procedures. Two years of clinical work
H. Demonstrated success and experience with direct patient services and the
knowledge and use of dental care devices and equipment.
A. Bilingual (Spanish and English) required.
B. Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, pushing and
C. A medium to high level of manual dexterity required. Ability to use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
D. Occasional lifting and pushing
E. Normal accessibility and mobility throughout the region required
F. Normal overtime/extended work hours
G. Must be able to meet the attendance requirements of the position.
H. Must be able to travel independently to other locations as needed.