We are currently seeking several temporary, full time Dental Customer Service
Representatives to add to our team of 600+ employees.
CentroMed is recognized in San Antonio and the surrounding areas as a leading
health care provider for quality customer service, clinical excellence,
comprehensive care, and responsiveness to community needs.
Responsible for functions related to front office including but not limited to,
greeting and welcoming; computer systems; telephones; provider schedules; dental
records; patient registration, financial screening, and eligibility; and
business functions (receipts, charges, coding, and deposits). This position is
also responsible for ensuring efficiency of front office dental operations and
for monitoring, reporting, planning, and budgeting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure customer service is delivered by all dental staff by greeting all
patients and having patients understand their anticipated wait time.
2. Retrieves incoming calls and directs to appropriate personnel or
3. Schedules, accommodates, and updates patient appointments, meetings.
4. Maintains medical and/or dental electronic records. Performs new patient
registration, updates patient information (Including consent forms, medical
history forms, HIPAA paper work and documents for sliding fee scale.), data
entry of demographics, and any other required information as described by
policy. Verifies, and activates appropriate patient insurance plan.
5. Refers patients for screening to determine eligibility for special
6. Collects payments for services and products. Ensure accurate posting of
encounter data and posts to appropriate funding/insurance plans. Manages patient
account balances appropriately to include pre-collections, old balances, and
same day service balances.
7. Completes end of day reconciliation report ensuring that all encounters
are posted and closed; ensures that cash collected reconciles with system cash
report; ensures that cash is secured and deposited into safe at end of day.
8. Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces
visitor to appropriate personnel.
9. Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
10. Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from all
11. Routes incoming, outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and
12. Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, faxing,
photocopying, and collating.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Performance will be evaluated by the Dental Front Office Supervisor using the
Performance Evaluation CDB Form No. 1006c (Rev 1/2000) wherein a satisfactory
overall rating is considered as a minimum acceptable level of performance.
A. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
B. Experience: Dental Assistant/Office Specialist certificate
from an accredited school of Dental Technical School preferred or minimum of one
year or more of experience in dental front office duties.
1. Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
2. Demonstrate working knowledge of the
Internet, Outlook, and Word. Ability to learn electronic health record software.
3. Knowledge in dental billing, to include Medicaid, Private Insurance,
and CHIP preferred.
Finger Dexterity: Using fingers to make small movements such a typing or
picking up small objects.
Speech: Frequently conveying detailed or important instructions or ideas,
accurately, clearly, or quickly.
Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversation and receive ordinary
Repetitive Motions: Frequently and regularly using the wrists, hands and
Visual: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare to inspect
documents, or other materials.
Flexibility: Standing/walking most of the time. May have to life folders,
files, papers, audio/video equipment, and other such items weighing up to
approximately 25 pounds.
Must be able to meet the attendance requirements of the position.
Must be able to travel independently to other locations as needed.