Registered Dental Assistant Job Summary:
The Registered Dental Assistant performs duties such as: Prepare the patient
for the treatment, assist the dentist in performing their treatment to the
patient in restorative dentistry or oral surgery, prepare materials and
equipment for treatment and have them ready for the dentist’s use, take x-rays
and assist the dentist in laboratory work. May perform other related work to
include, but not limited to, making appointments, answer the phone and ordering supplies.
(1) Greets patients in waiting area and escorts patients to the operatory.
(2)Assists the dentist in the administration of treatment at the chair side as
required or directed by the dentist.
(3) Promotes an atmosphere supportive of good dental and general health by
demonstrating good oral hygiene.
(4) Maintain a sterile and neat working environment according to current in
infection control procedures.
(5) Review the health history, make chart entries under the direction of the d
dentist and assure completion of forms and signatures.
(6) Assume the responsibility associated with any expanded duties that may be
delegated by the dentist including knowledge of Invisalign and cosmetic dental
procedures like Veneers, Crowns, and Bridges.
(7) Familiarize the patient with the aspects of their dental visit and provide
support and compassion to that patient when it is needed.
(8) Coronal polishing and Nitrous Oxide
(9) Willingness to work some Saturdays.
(10) Willingness to participate in community events such as health fairs, etc.
(11) Have the ability to communicate in English. Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
(1) High school graduate or higher
(2) Proof of completing radiation safety course.
(3) One year experience as a registered dental assistant.
(4) Certification as a Registered Dental Assistant required.
(5) Certificate for coronal polishing recommended.
(6) Demonstrate knowledge of dental health education subjects.
(7) Ability to complete forms in an orderly and accurate fashion.
(8) Able to use sound judgment. Possess a calm disposition and the ability to
FLOSS Dental offers: Paid vacation, Medical, Weekends Off, Bonus, etc.