Rose Dental Group is seeking a Registered Dental Assistant for our busy
Southwest Austin location. The position offers a 4 day work week.
Benefits include: Profit sharing, Health/dental/vision insurance, 401K
retirement plan, Paid time off - vacation and holidays
Summary: The Dental Hygienist is responsible for patient data collection and
documentation, patient education and the delivery of preventative and
periodontal dental treatment as part of the Doctor directed oral hygiene team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Able to take digital X-rays, use intra oral camera and oral ID.
· Provide quality patient service by delivering thorough patient care, effective
communication and personal attention in a gentle and caring manner.
· Assess and plan appropriate dental hygiene care including prophylaxis, scaling
and root planning, debridement, periodontal maintenance and adjunct services.
· Complete dental hygiene procedures utilizing hand and mechanical scalers with
a high degree of technical skill.
· Conduct a general oral health screening for each patient and communicate
findings to the Doctor.
· Provide accurate and concise patient record charting and complete database
information to allow the Doctor to determine the appropriate treatment plan for
· Provide topical anesthetic and nitrous oxide monitoring to patients under
general supervision by the Doctor.
· Educate patients on proper oral hygiene.
· Responsible for personal professional growth through internal and external
training opportunities and continuing education requirements to maintain
· Set-up and prepare dental equipment and instrumentation in accordance with
established regulations and office guidelines.
· Accurate and timely reporting of all procedures complete with proper
· Maintain a clean work environment and dental equipment to meet OSHA and Center
for Disease Control sterilization and infection control regulatory standards.
· Adhere to confidentiality, State, Federal and HIPAA laws and guidelines with
regards to patient’s records.
· Communicate effectively and develop a strong working relationship with
the Doctor and promote teamwork through cooperative and professional behaviors.
· Follow and demonstrate commitment to the Rose Dental Group policies,
professional expectations and Excellence Service Standards.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Dental Hygiene required.
· Registered Dental Hygiene license in Texas required.
· Current CPR certification required.
· N2O certification required.
· Prefer Laser certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Knowledge of Federal, State and institutional regulations and guidelines for
the provision of dental services.
· Ability to operate standard dental equipment including Cavitron, Prophyject,
X-Ray, Dental Chair and Unit, Sterilizers, Hand Scalers, Curettes and hand
· Strong patient care skills.
· Able to multitask and handle multiple business and workplace changes that may
· Able to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
· Able to work well on a team and independently.
· Able to be perform work with attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients
· Ability to respond professionally in stressful situations.
· Possess critical thinking, logic and reasoning skills to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
Rose Dental Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard regards to race, religion, creed,
sexual orientation, color, ethnicity, gender identity, veteran status, color,
national origin, disability, sex, age, genetic information, or other protected