At our private practice, our team members do not just encourage people to smile
but we give everyone confidence and courage to keep smiling! We are looking for a
Dental Assistant ready to make a difference in our patients’ smiles. This
is not your standard dental practice and working here will be empowering and
extremely rewarding. Expanded duties certified need only apply.
Below is a description of what your duties would entail.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• The Dental Assistant provides support to the office and is responsible for
assisting the team with providing the appropriate treatment.
• Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient with a smile
• Educate patients in oral hygiene instruction and provide postoperative
• Prepare patient for examination and treatment, take x-rays,store
patient information and records accurately into our secured database
• Responsible for the operational procedures of the operatory rooms
• Room preparation and set-up for dental procedures
• Mix cement and removal of excess cement
• Sterilize and disinfect instruments
• Assist professional dental team with treatment
• Assist with suctioning, holding retractors and suture cutting during
• Pour impressions and trimming of cast models, fabrication of custom matrix
• Make temporary crowns, trim, polish and cementation
• Responsible for adhering to all government regulations
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in local community affairs and events for marketing practice
¥ Assist with monthly inventory counts and maintaining minimum inventory
¥ Assist with other office duties as needed
¥ Education, Training and/or Experience
¥ Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
¥ Knowledge, Skills, Abilities required to perform aforementioned duties
¥ High focus on Patient experience and satisfaction
¥ Compassion and high level of service for our patients and team
¥ Integrity, always doing the right thing, Dependable, Attention to detail and
reliable to be at work when scheduled
¥ Able to organize, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and
consistently meet deadlines
¥ Professional manner and appearance at all times
¥ Computer skills, X-ray certification,
certified dental assistant credentials is required for Expanded Dental
• One year office experience in a dentist assistant position.
• Experience working in a Dental Practice.
¥ Undivided Listening skills
¥ Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate, exchange
information with patients, their parents, and team.
¥ Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds or more, must be able to twist,
turn, bend and stoop.
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for
extended hours during peak periods. Hours may change to meet the practice