Willow Creek Smiles is looking for a highly motivated, responsible,
cheerful, well-organized, and team-oriented Dental Assistant. Candidate must
have good interpersonal skills and the
ability to multitask. We are a start-up dental office near the Tomball and
Spring-Klein areas. Training can be provided but some experience is a plus.
Hours of employment would be:
Monday: 9:30AM - 7:30PM (1 hour lunch @ 2PM)
Tuesday: 8:30AM - 12:30PM
Wednesday: 9:30AM - 7:30PM (1 hour lunch @ 2PM)
Thursday: 8:30AM - 12:30PM
Friday: 8:30AM - 6:30PM (1 hour lunch @ 1PM)
This position serves as an ambassador of the office. He/she will
facilitate patient flow, register new patients, update and collect patient
demographics, assist with insurance verification, present treatment plans and
financial arrangements, and assist with community outreach. This position will
require the assistant to float between the front and the back for the first few
months and then work primarily in the back.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-Greet patients and provide outstanding customer service
-Assist in general maintenance and cleanliness of the office
-Assist in outreach and marketing efforts, both at the practice and off-site
- Assist the dentist at the dental chair while they are engaged in any treatment
- Take diagnostic radiographs
- Ensure all OSHA, HIPAA, TX Dental Board, and company policies and procedures
are properly followed
- Stocks supplies in operatories, restrooms, resupply area, lab, breakroom, etc.
- Sterilization of instruments
- Assist both front and back office team members where needed
- Ability to build good rapport with patients and staff
-Strong customer service skills
-Insurance and dental experience preferred;
-Must be able to handle multiple tasks, complexity, and diversity of patients;
-Must be able to utilize the Internet for research
-Strong written and oral communication skills
-Attention to detail
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
-High school diploma or GED; Texas RDA certification and current CPR (BLS/AED)
certification; Experience in the dental field with patient service, Open Dental,
and billing/dental records is preferred.
Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. -
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand, sit, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a
computer, telephone and keyboard reach.
- Light to moderate lifting (up to twenty-five pounds) is required.
- Ability to uphold the stress of assisting patients of diverse backgrounds.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Above average skills in language ability as well as public speaking and
- Must have good transportation and a valid Texas Driver’s License
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using
whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio,
Please send your resume to . An employment application
and request for
references and resume will be sent to qualified candidates to be completed.
Thank you for your consideration!