Dr. Benjamin DeShetler, a well-established general practice located near Sprayberry High School in Marietta, seeks a full-time Dental Assistant for our growing practice. Must be proficient in Dentrix and have extensive knowledge in dentistry. Candidate must be good at multi-tasking, comfortable interacting with our amazing patients and work well in a team environment.
Office hours are Monday- Thursday 8:00am- 4:30 PM, we do have morning huddle at 7:45 am
Competitive pay* 401(K)* Medical Plan* Dental Discounts* Paid holidays and Vacation time
• Duties will Manage dental and medical emergencies according office procedures including:
Maintain CPR certification
HIPAA compliance training
Maintain Emergency drugs
• When assigned or if dentist is unavailable and to relieve patient discomfort assistant will re-cement a temporary or permanent crown with temporary cement and schedule follow-up appointment with dentist.
• Preliminarily fit and finish composite/amalgam restorations. Use slow-speed hand-piece if needed.
• Fabricate temporary crowns that satisfy office standards for appearance and quality. Bonus if you have E4D experience
• Provide diagnostic information by exposing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts to lab and office standards.
• Fabricate temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
• Timely prepare treatment area by sterilizing, positioning, and delivering instruments for dentist’s access.
• Take radiographs and intraoral photos
• Actively provide suctioning and hand instruments to Dentist, as needed, during exams and procedures in order to help maintain patient comfort and Dentist’s efficiency.
• Selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth, as needed.
• Manage asepsis, infection, using and maintaining hazard control protocols as established by OSHA and office standards.
• Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
• Maintain regular attendance and adhere to assigned work schedule and office policies.
• Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
• Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
• Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order for you to participate in continuing education or seminars.
• Enter and complete patient notes daily
• Create and print prescriptions for antibiotics and pain meds
• Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
• 5+ years of dental assisting experience
• Dentrix knowledge
• Knowledge of dental codes, terminology, ect.
• Able to handle patients in a warm welcoming manner
• Work well with team members to facilitate cooperative Team Effect
This position is available immediately. Please send a cover letter, resume with prior employers and contact information, four dental references, and salary requirements to be considered for this position. Office e-mail address is . If you do not meet all the required fields your resume with not be reviewed. Please do not call the office we will call you. The office website is www. deshetlerdds.com if you would like to look at what our office is all about.