Position will be responsible for assisting the orthodontist when treating patients in the clinical area.
• Preparing and maintaining dental instruments and instrument transfer
• Preparing dental materials; sterilization of instruments, set up instrument trays; bracket set-up
• Preparing patient: prophy with a slow-speed hand piece, etching and sealants; ligature removal and replacement; and wire removal and placement
• Removing excess cement from brackets and orthodontic bands
• Pouring impressions and trimming plaster models
• Delivering patient oral hygiene instructions
• Taking patient records including photographs and digital Panorex and Cephalometric Images • Inventory control
Experience as an orthodontic assistant preferred.
• Customer service focused with a friendly, warm demeanor
• Dependability - must be able to report to work as scheduled
• Able to take direction
• Outstanding communication skills
• Posses above-average attention to detail
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Computer proficient and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to take the initiative and be a pro-active problem solver
• Team-oriented with a focus on the betterment of the group
The ideal candidate for this position would be an Illinois Qualified Dental Assistant and an RHS (Dental Radiology Health and Safety Certified).