Come join our awesome team! Our private general practice is seeking a high energy schedule coordinator with great communication skills - spanish speaking is required.
* Dismiss patients.
* Report computer problems to OM.
* Collect copayment from each patient on the date of treatment and provide required documentation and posting of each copayment.
* Enter all patient charges and payments into the computer daily.
* Prepare treatment plan estimates.
* Reach agreement and document financial arrangement with each patient before scheduling treatment.
* Collect insurance forms, data, and signatures from patients statistics.
* Collect insurance forms and signatures.
* Enter insurance data and patient treatment plans into the computer.
* File insurance claims daily.
* Help schedule 20 unscheduled patients each week or as many as necessary to keep the schedule full.
* Record reactivation efforts, including times called, number of calls made, appointments set, and relay documentation into Dentrix.
* Manage patient records: create new patient chart, label, and type letters, update address changes on chart, recall card, ledger or computer.
* Screen doctor and staff telephone calls.
* Distribute telephone messages.
* Communicate appointment changes and emergencies from retrieved messages to the appropriate staff member.
* Answer the telephone by the second ring in a warm, friendly voice identifying the office and self.
* Determine and meet the needs of each caller.
* Meet and greet each patient as a welcome guest to the practice.
* Maintain a clean and uncluttered appearance in the reception and front office area.
* Answer questions from patients and other staff members cheerfully.
* Complete patient telephone slips, message memos, and chart documentation accurately.
* Mail or give appropriate forms and handouts to each patient.
* Keep broken appointments to less than 5%.
* Follow up on delayed treatment daily.
* Appoint patients to meet daily goals.
* Schedule all appointments according to the practices scheduling policy.
* Maintain patient records and charts accurately to ensure easy retrieval.
* Document all patient activity, treatment, and transactions.
* Fill broken appointments.
* Add to the ASAP list by asking each patient for permission to be placed on the list.
* Ensure the practice meets its production goals through efficient scheduling.