Dynamic, busy and most importantly, FUN dental office in the SW office is looking for a strong DA for the Frankfort area!
This is a great role for enthusiastic Dental Assistants who wants variety in
their work schedule for General Dentistry and can jump in and learn Orthodontics if interested in learning and working with a doctor that is a dental specialist!
We are pleased to offer the latest in general and cosmetic dentistry, as well as orthodontics, periodontics and preventative dental care. Our doctors are proud to serve
Illinois with convenient access to modern dentistry for residents around the state.
Dental Assistant Role and Responsibilities
• Provide a high level of patient service and excellent chairside manner
• Assist and take direction from the doctor during treatment procedures while
anticipating doctor and patient needs
• Take diagnostic digital radiographs
• Verify, communicate, and document patient medical and dental histories and
• Log and save appropriate patient data and doctor notes during exams and
• Perform with efficiency and accuracy in procedures to maintain timeliness and proper patient flow in doctor’s schedule
• Prepare treatment rooms with supplies and instruments needed for scheduled dental procedures
• Proper sterilization of instruments and patient operatories
• Knowledge and understanding of dental terminology sufficient to perform the job
• Maintain the dental supply inventory and place orders as assigned by the Office manager
• Make preliminary impressions, fabricate custom impression trays, and pour trim and polish study casts
• Track and communicate incoming and outgoing lab cases with front office team to ensure proper patient appointments
• Assist hygienists when necessary
• Participate as a contributing member of the office staff team to achieve patient
satisfaction and office production goals.
• Partner with front and back office team members to support patient flow
• Resolve patient questions and concerns or escalate to the Office Manager in a timely manner
• Ask feedback on the patient experience in the form of participation in reviews, survey response, and referrals
Please include any specialist experience and/or certifications such Coronal Polishing, Nitrous Oxide
• A minimum of 2 years experience as a dental assistant and most recent experience must be in a Dental Assistant role
• Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA, and Infection Control training as required by
law and current CPR/AED Certification
• This is a fast paced, multi-tasking position-must be flexible, organized and willing to go with the flow as it will change
• Ability to travel locally for training and scheduled meetings