Surgical Assistant Job Description
Were growing and looking for exceptional people to join our team! This position will support the Alamo Maxillofacial Surgical Associates practice by providing pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative patient care. Additional responsibilities include the preparation and maintenance of the clinical facility to provide such care.
RDA (Registered Dental Assistant) by the TSBDE and in good standing.
DAANCE (Dental Anesthesia Assistant National Certification Examination) is or will be required. If not certified upon hire, employee will have up to a year from date of hire to obtain certification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative care to patients under the guidance of the oral surgeon.
2. Provide radiation protection to all patients in accordance with TSBDE and TDH guidelines and requirements. Produce radiographic images that consistently display proper exposure techniques and correct anatomical positioning values.
3. Adhere to all OSHA infection control programs.
4. Maintain competency for anesthesia monitoring.
5. Document and maintain records/charting within standards.
6. Assist with hospital surgeries as required.
7. Prepare and maintain the clinical facility, equipment and instruments in a manner to provide an excellent patient experience.
8. Participate in educational experiences based on identified needs.
9. Prevent and report occurrences, or reoccurrences of improprieties and/or unsafe conditions.
9. Act as a resource to less experienced colleagues.
10. Support and assist with Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement activities.
11. Maintain good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approach conflict in a constructive manner. Identify problems, offer solutions and participate in their resolution.
12. Maintain the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patients, doctors, employees and visitors. Discuss patient, clinic and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
13. Participate in emergency preparedness training.
14. Participate fully with all compliance activities.
15. Provide an excellent patient experience.