Our practice has a warm and kind feel the moment you walk in the front door. This begins with our staff. They help patients feel like family. Because of this we have patients that have been loyal for decades. We are interested in someone who can come in to our office and provide quality care but also help continue the culture we have built.
RDA is not necessary but is recommended. In our office we use Dexis X-ray imaging and Dentrix so previous experience with these are a plus.
Job Purpose: Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act. Duties:
* Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
* Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
* Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
* Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentists access; suctioning; passing instruments.
* Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patients mouth.
* Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
* Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
* Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
* Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions. * Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols. * Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturers instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Dental Health Maintenance, Use of Dental Technology, Infection Control, Patient Services, Creating a Safe and Effective Environment, Listening, Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Use of Medical Technologies, Performing Diagnostic Procedures
Job Type: Full-time