Dental Assistants partner with the office team to provide superior clinical support services to help patients get the care they need, today.
Dental Assistant provide general support duties including office housekeeping, equipment maintenance and sterilization, room preparation and breakdown. The Dental Assistant supports Doctors and Hygienists in maintaining clinical operatories to provide a caring, safe and secure environment for patient care.
• Breaks down and supports the setup of operatory rooms for Doctors and Hygienists
• Completes sterilization processes for equipment and operatory
• Follows maintenance schedules for the processor, autoclave, compressor on a weekly basis
• Learns how to chart patients for Doctors
• Begins to execute patient handoffs
• Follows OSHA regulations and Aspen safety requirements, including compliance with HIPPA guidelines
• Completes CPR training, X-rays and other required certifications and registrations
• Maintains and updates annual CE requirement as specified by state
• Education Level: High School Diploma or GED
• Job Related/Industry Experience: None, but certified DA training a plus
• State Requirements where specified
• Physical Requirement: Mostly walking, talking, standing, and updating information in computer systems