Brookhaven Dental Group has an exciting opportunity for an EXPERIENCED Dental Assistant who thrives in the fast-paced atmosphere of a new dental practice focused on providing high-quality dental care and useful dental
education in a family-oriented environment. This position will give you the tools and resources to build a rewarding career through ongoing training opportunities. The position is currently part-time.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Learn and comply with Brookhaven Dental Group’s administrative procedures.
• Learn and comply with OSHA laws and safety guidelines.
• Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Learn and comply with state and federal infection control standards in the
dental office and operatories, including but not limited to wearing protective
barriers such as gloves, scrubs, and eye wear; disinfecting and sterilizing
instruments and treatment areas; and disposing properly of contaminated or bio-
• Insure review and completion of documentation, including but not limited to:
accurate and current medical history, medical alerts, and signed Consent forms.
• Document/chart all dental procedures performed during each patient visit
according to dentist’s instructions and legal requirements.
• Schedule appointments and assist in appointment confirmation calls.
• Effectively present to patient in professional and confidential manner dental
treatment plan and proposed plan for continuing treatments.
• Understand and explain insurance benefits and financial options to patients in
• Ensure operatories are appropriately equipped and stocked with inventory and
re-order when necessary.
• Maintain equipment protocols, including but not limited to: clean evacuation
system, lubricate and maintain dental hand pieces, clean and maintain radiograph
processors, monitor and clean equipment, clean dental lab plaster traps and
maintain clean office environment.
• Assist with laboratory duties as necessary.
• Recognize signs of a dental emergency, and insure proper and timely response
and notification to patient, staff, and emergency medical personnel when
• Understand and agree to maintain production standards.
• Effectively utilize and maintain a system of contact for patient follow-up/re-
• Maintain professional working environment within office team.
• Attend and participate in morning huddles and regular office meetings.
• Adhere to uniform attire and basic personal hygiene standards per Company
• Attend continuing education and training seminars as scheduled.
• Understand and abide by HIPAA regulations and maintain confidentiality.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum of one year dental experience preferred.
• Excellent customer services skills and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in high-volume environment.
For consideration, send your resume and cover letter explaining why you are
qualified to .