Alabama Family Dentistry is a multi-practice dental group serving the Birmingham
and surrounded areas in General Dentistry; focused on providing high quality
dental care to patients of all ages. Our group of partner dentists and team
focus primarily on offering preventative, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry
with personalized dental solutions.
This clinician role will assist in the optimization of managing the day to day
activities of all hygiene patient flow. This position will work under the
direction of the office manager while providing patient care to patients and
assisting the doctor as directed.
Position Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt.
Monday-Friday with occasional Saturday
Competitive compensation, excellent benefits including 401(k), medical
insurance, vacation pay and competitive BONUS package!!!
§ Must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Leadership mentality required.
§ Candidate must have 3+ years of dental hygiene experience
§ Must have exceptional human relation skills and an outgoing and friendly
§ Must be detailed oriented, accurate, reliable, and well-versed
§ Current state RDH License | Current CPR License
· Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed
procedures and protocols.
· Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions
· Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening,
sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
· Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating
patients oral health.
· Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from
teeth and from beneath gum margins.
· Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and
visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to
assess levels of recession; exposing and developing radiographic studies.
· Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity-
· Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating
temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances; placing,
carving, and finishing amalgam restorations; removing cement from crowns and
· Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr
certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency
· Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control
instructions and postoperative instructions; providing reminders of time of next
dental hygiene visit.
· Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical
and dental histories; charting in patient records.
· Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control
policies and protocols.
· Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturers instructions; troubleshooting
malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating
new equipment and techniques.
· Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine
inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for
supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
· Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed
to accomplish job results.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing
personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Dont wait, email your resume today to