This is a full-time position for a motivated and hardworking person who is interested in having a career in primarily back office dental assisting. We want someone who is confident with their dental assisting skills and willing to learn in areas that need improvement.
The right candidate should possess and demonstrate a high level of customer service, and have the ability to create an inviting experience for the patient.
We are a family-owned, private dental office located in Lake Balboa.
We work either 4 or 5 days a week, depending on the schedule. Must be able to work on Mondays, Tuesdays, some Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and some Saturdays. We work up to 5 days a week, sometimes including Saturdays (on average we work 2 Saturdays a month, occasionally 3)
Duties include but not limited to:
• Chair-side assisting for all dental procedures: Fillings, Crowns, Bridges, Dentures, Partial Dentures, Root Canals, Extractions, Deep Cleanings, Implants, Bleaching, Invisalign, Children’s Dentistry, Sealants, etc.
• Making temporary crowns/bridges and coronal polishing
• Taking excellent digital x-rays and intra-oral camera photos
• Alginate impressions and pouring/trimming models
• Equipment sterilization and maintenance
• Entry of patient data into treatment room computers (we use Dentrix software)
• Checking on supply inventory and keeping order supply list updated
• Setup, breakdown, and disinfecting of treatment rooms.
• General setup and cleaning of the entire office
• Helping file charts, mail patient cards, put together goodie bags, etc.
Must have 1 year minimum of dental assisting experience and x-ray license.
Starting salary: $16.00 per hour and up depending on performance. Also included are 5 paid holidays with additional Christmas bonus, 3 paid sick days, and 40 paid vacation hours.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!