Dental Laboratory Technician Job Responsibilities:
This highly motivated and driven individual maintains and improves patients oral health by fabricating fixed and removable prostheses according to dentist prescriptions.
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Duties:
• Replaces partial or total loss of natural teeth by constructing partial or full dentures (metal and non-metal).
• Restores natural teeth by fabricating crowns and bridges.
• Corrects dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances.
• Completes implantology procedures by fabricating prostheses to fit implants the dentist places directly into the patients jawbone.
• Replaces missing facial and body tissues due to injury, disease, or developmental abnormality by fabricating maxillo-facial prostheses.
• Constructs prostheses by following the dentists prescription; making models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patients mouth taken by the dentist; building-up wax replicas of part or all of the mouth and/or teeth on the model; encasing the wax in a mould material and melting away the wax; replacing the wax with plastic, metal, or ceramic materials to make the replacement appliance; polishing and finishing the appliance prior to its being placed in the patients mouth by the dentist.
• Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
• Utilizes and conserves supplies and equipment by completing plaster casting, electro-spot welding, metal casting, metal polishing, wax modeling, ceramics, wire bending, electroplating and sandblasting; using CAD/CAM units; maintaining supplies inventories; keeping equipment operating.
• Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
• Updates dental laboratory technician job knowledge and skills by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances dental laboratory reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Dental Laboratory Technician Skills and Qualifications:
• CEREC and Cad Cam technology required
• Eaglesoft and CBCT scan experience is a plus
• At least two years experience
Applicants should be prepared to demonstrate these skills as apart of their interview process.