Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics has two Dental Clinics. We are seeking four (4) Dental Assistants, two (2) at each clinic.
Summary of Duties
The Dental Assistant keeps the rooms clean and assist during patient appointments. The Dental Assistant performs basic dental procedures, such as cleanings, patient e-rays, and maintains complex client records with the utmost confidentiality. The Dental Assistant is required to work with patients of all ages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains exemplary customer service skills with patients, vendors and co-workers.
2. Takes x-ray(s), if licensed, as authorized and prescribed by dentist(s).
3. Takes impressions, pours and trims models, and performs other laboratory procedures as directed by dentist(s)
4. Presents treatment plan to patients at chair-side.
5. Sterilizes instruments according to SBNC policies and procedures.
6. Assists dentist at chair-side with a variety of procedures. ( 90% percent of the time is sitting, bending and twisting while assisting)
7. Provides patient-centered individual counseling, ensures that patient completes all appropriate consent forms, answers patients’ questions, provides patient education materials (for example, diet and nutritional information), instructions (oral hygiene, post-operative instructions, denture care, etc.), and referrals as appropriate.
8. Verifies patient eligibility, address, and phone number with each visit.
9. Prepares and maintains dental instruments, supplies, and equipment.
10. Cleans and stocks exam rooms before clinic, after each patient, and at the end of each clinic session.
11. Maintain records of spore and Dosimeter monitoring.
12. Performs inventory control and management.
13. Takes accurate notes and records in patient’s electronic dental record, as dictated by dentist(s).
14. Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned.