Under the direction of the Office Manager, Regional Manager, and the Chief Dental Officer, the Dentist delivers diagnostic, preventative, restorative and surgical dental care services to patients; oversees the work of auxiliary dental staff; oversees prudent operation of the dental center(s) to ensure adherence to established policies and procedures, appropriate maintenance of equipment, appropriate control of inventory of dental supplies and appropriate adherence to safety and infection control protocols; communicates effectively with patients, parents and center staff to explain dental services and promote a positive image of MCDC; oversees the production of patient records in compliance with program policies.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides quality dental services to eligible patients with skill, care and judgment.
2. Participates in appointment making and referral of patients to assure dental center productivity and appropriate management of dental patients.
3. Documents in the patient’s medical records appropriately regarding all diagnostics, treatment plans and services delivered according to relevant MCDC policies and procedures.
4. Communicates dental treatment information to patients, parents and center staff in a clear, compassionate, and effective manner.
5. Oversees auxiliary dental staff in their appropriate management of equipment and supplies.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills are required for this position. Competencies include:
1. Exceptional human relation skills
2. Ability to maintain outgoing, friendly attitude with patients and staff even if under pressure
3. Ability to work with interruptions and to manage multiple priorities
4. Ability to speak, understand and write fluent English
5. Ability to meet deadlines and work unsupervised
6. Exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication skills
7. Possess physical ability and eye sight to be able to practice dentistry in a competent manner
8. Ability to tolerate and work with young children, even though they may be uncooperative
9. Ability to communicate effectively dental treatment information to patients, parents and staff
Employment Qualifications for this Position
Must have a Dental degree (e.g., Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or equivalent) from an accredited School of Dentistry.
Demonstration of skilled care and judgment in the practice of dentistry through at least one year successful practice of dentistry.
The Dentist must be competent in using common office equipment. There is an expectation for everyone in the organization to learn and implement new office technology as the operation grows and can benefit from more productive systems.