Bilingual English and Spanish Required
Under direction of the Call Center Manager, the Patient Support Specialist performs a variety of tasks and is many times the first contact via telephone by the prospective patient with Summit Dental Center.
Essential duties include providing excellent customer/patient services via phone making appointments for patients according to established Center protocols; assisting patients with general information. The position is considered a crucial link between the patient and the care delivered by Summit Dental Center.
The specialist must work collaboratively with all Clinical services staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and a “can do” attitude. You must enjoy working in a fun environment and being on the phone, sometimes handling calls were a patient may need an understanding person to listen to them.
1. All work is done on the phone. The specialist performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
2. Provides information to Clinic callers according to the Clinic’s Policies and Procedures; transfers calls as needed; works with central reception to ensure adequate phone coverage at all times.
3. Welcomes and greets callers in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines purpose of call and direct caller to appropriate person or department(s).
4. Schedules patient appointments to clinic based on predetermined appointment arrangements to allow the clinic to serve an adequate number of patients.
5. When scheduling appointment, carefully screens patients for new address, new patient visit or update registration and informs patient of adequate information that must be presented at time of visit.
6. Must exercise utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to Clinic policies and HIPAA requirements.
7. Calls patients daily to confirm next day’s appointment.
8. Verifies method of payment for service and collects data as appropriate.
9. Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers patient complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
10. Attends scheduled department staff and clinical meetings.
11. Performs other duties as may be required.
1. Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
2. Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer services and interpersonal communication skills; Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse people groups.
3. Intermediate to advanced phone skills; able to effectively relate via the telephone to serve the needs of Clinic patients/clients/visitors in a manner that is efficient and productive.
4. Must be highly flexible; able to accommodate changing needs of the department.
5. Well developed verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
6. Knowledge of basic math and modern office procedures.
7. Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision. Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
8. Willingness to work daily hours and one Saturday a month.
9. Basic to intermediate computer knowledge and skills.
10. Training and/or experience with computer data entry and ability to type a minimum of 30 WPM.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Graduation from high school or equivalent
2. Prior telephone calling experience is highly preferred.