JOB TITLE: Receptionist/Front Desk Coordinator
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
REPORTS TO: Dentist and Office Manager
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Sitting 75%, Standing/walking 25%
* Moderate noise levels from dental and other Lab equipment.
* Medical, office, and lab setting.
* Minimum lifting requirements of 35 pounds in order to accept equipment deliveries, and pack and unpack office supplies.
* Frequent client and interoffice personnel interaction as this position meets and greets patients and is heavily dependent on exceptional customer interaction.
* Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order for you to participate in continuing education or seminars.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
* High School Diploma
* Accurate typing at 35 words per minute
* One Year Minimum dental office experience (2 years experience preferred)
* Always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
* Always maintain the highest level of customer service
* Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards.
* Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards.
* Must demonstrate active listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* Must demonstrate excellent communication skills - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
* Must be detail-oriented in order to maintain patient records (i.e. all communication with patient, tracking of lab cases, scheduling, etc.)
* Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude while working around blood and smells that may be unpleasant.
* You must be flexible and understand that your job duties may change from time to time and that you may be asked to “help out” in other areas of the office.
* Must demonstrate good reading comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
* Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
* Maintain regular attendance and adhere to assigned work schedule and office policies.
* Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
* Manage day-to-day operations of dental office
* Open and close dental office according to office protocol
* Review the office for a neat, professional appearance
* Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries.
* Check the daily schedule for accuracy
* Answer and respond to telephone calls with enthusiasm, professionalism and an eagerness to help
* See that the phone is answered, before the third ring at all times. Collect and respond to messages left on the answering machine. Make sure appropriate message is on machine, example: lunch, staff meeting, holiday etc.
* Manage the answering machine daily. Assure that the message is context appropriate
* Review supplies for reception and provide order to office manager according to office protocol
* Ensure that HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices Notice is on display
* Monitor the condition of the patient bathroom. Check at least twice daily and correct any cleanliness issues.
* Provide information about the practice, such as location of the office, and be able to accurately explain the services provided.
* Maintain a clean, professional and welcoming reception area
* Organize patient education materials, financing brouchures, etc.
* Keep patient education videos playing in the reception area
* Warmly, greet and welcome patients and visitors to the practice
* Check-in patients according to office protocol, verifying and updating patient information
* Transmit information or documents to/from patients electronic record, using computer, scanner mail/email/facsimile machine.
* Scheule follow-up treatment and recall appointments, according to office protocol
* Send recall postcards, according to office protocol
* Oversee patient relations and handle patient complaints, according to office protocol
* Help explain office policy to patients
* Confirm upcoming appointments, make follow-up appointments and reschedule patients, as needed
* Fill any openings on the next days schedule
* Be familiar with the office financial policy and be capable of attending a treatment conference and making a financial arrangement with a patient according to office financial policy
* Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
* Memorize and use scripts effectively both over the phone and in person.
* Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.