Due to growth, we are seeking to add an energetic and team-oriented Dental Assistant to our growing team!
Dental Assistant assists Dentist during examination and treatment of patients, administers company policies and regulatory compliance and maintains dental supplies and have them stocked for procedures. It is essential to be flexible, friendly, and work in a team environment. In addition, the Dental Assistant must display excellent communication skills and a commitment to patient care.
• Ensure quality patient service by providing thorough patient care, effective communication and personal
attention in a gentle, caring manner
• Prepare the treatment rooms, patient records, equipment and necessary instruments for dental procedures
• Provide chairside assistance to the Doctor including but not limited to basic and complex restorative,
surgical, endodontic, pediatric, emergency, and preventative dental treatment procedures
• Record accurate and concise patient/treatment information and clinical notes into Eaglesoft as instructed by Dr.
• Explain to each patient the purpose and the process involved in their dental care and reinforce the treatment plan prescribed by the Dr.
• Explain consents in detail, answer patients questions and obtain patient signatures
• Expose quality radiographs; date and label correctly
• Perform various laboratory procedures (pouring study models, fabricating bleaching trays, etc)
• Support business goals by utilizing schedules effectively and supporting the practice revenue objectives
• Effectively communicate and develop a strong working relationship with the Dr. and promote teamwork
through cooperative and professional behavior
• Maintain a clean work environment and dental equipment to meet OSHA
• Maintain dental equipment in proper working order
• Responsible for stocking treatment areas
• Ordering supplies
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Active Texas RDA License (Required)
• Maintain OSHA, HIPPA, and Infection Control training as required by law
• Digital practice software experience (Eaglesoft preferred)
• Have knowledge and understanding of dental terminology
• Coronal polishing, Nitrous Oxide, and CPR certifications a plus