Our busy and growing pediatric dental practice is in search of several team players to serve as Certified Dental Assistants. We require an experienced, self-motivated, multi-tasker who understands clearly the focus of our business and is interested in working hard to grow our practice.
Responsibilities will include hands-on patient care, providing excellent customer service, taking tasks to completion and on time, explaining treatment to patients, and leading our OSHA and sterilization requirements. Applicants must have 3 plus years experience, be a Certified Dental Assistant within the State of Tennessee and hold a valid Radiology Certification. Orthodontic experience will be a plus.
The duties of a dental assistant are among the most comprehensive and varied in the dental office. The dental assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills including but not limited to:
• Patient management during dental procedures.
• Reviewing and revising patient health histories.
• Maintaining dental supplies and equipment.
• Taking dental x-rays.
• Polishing the teeth to remove stains and soft deposits.
• Taking impressions and bite registrations.
• Pre-selection of orthodontic bands and cementations.
• Preparation of teeth and maintain dry field prior to and while assisting doctor with placement of orthodontic brackets.
• Removing excess cement from fabricated restorations and orthodontic bands.
• Placing and removing orthodontic ligature ties, placing orthodontic separators.
• Cementation of pediatric dental appliances. i.e. MEA, lingual arch, space maintainers, pedo partial, thumb sucking appliances.
• Instrument cleaning, sterilization/disinfection and recirculation.
• Dental treatment room disinfection.
Interested, experienced, applicants must submit a cover letter detailing why they should be considered for an interview. The letter must also state the current salary as well as salary expectations. References will be checked and honesty and integrity will be crucial. Candidates who do not submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements will NOT be considered.