How to Set Yourself Apart in Your Job Search
The job market can be tough to navigate, but there are things YOU can do to distinguish yourself from the pack and increase your chances of landing that dream job!
What sets you apart from the rest? The brutal truth: EVERYTHING.
- Clean up your social media. Up to one-third of hiring managers have admitted to using social media to research applicants during the hiring process. A questionable post can be the “kiss of death” that stands between you and a job offer.
- Create a GREAT resume. Your resume is a chance to let employers know what skills, experience, and interests set you apart. Creating a Job Seeker profile on DentalPost.net will help you understand what information to include in order to make sure your resume is top-notch.
- Include a professional photo. A photo lets potential employers put a name with a face – and remember, your smile says a LOT about you!
- Dress professionally. Just like your smile, the rest of your appearance says a lot about you. Wearing professional clothing indicates that you’re serious about the opportunity.
- Practice interviewing. Know what you’re looking for in a job before you enter an interview. Do research and be prepared to answer (and ask) a variety of questions!
- Follow up. Stay top of mind with a potential employer by following up to let them know you appreciate their time and are excited about the opportunity.
For more tips on how to set yourself apart during the interview process, please visit our YouTube channel.
Tags: dental jobs dental student interview tips job interview job seeker resume tips