Dental AssistantKramer DavisHermitage, TN 37076
The Dental Assistant will be responsible to assist the Dental Department Head, dentists, dental residents, dental students, and dental hygienists in providing diagnostic and therapeutic comprehensive dental and dental hygiene services to patients with Intellectual Disabilities. This role requires knowledge over multiple spaces including:
• Set up dental operatories and sterilization center in the morning and close out operatories at the close of business
• Review patient’s EHR prior to patient’s appointment
• Notify providers of any medical or behavioral alerts, updates in medical history or any new issues that require their attention.
• Verify appropriate consents are signed prior to treatment
• Seat and prepare patient for treatment, to include assisting in safe patient transfer from wheelchair and lift
• Obtain current vitals as per protocols
• Assist providers with radiography, clinical procedures, charting, and behavior management
• Assist with anesthesia cases as needed
• Assist with medical and dental emergencies within clinic
• Assist with referrals as needed
• Upon completion of visit, review and verify provider’s note
• Upon completion of treatment, review and verify clinician’s patient note. Dismiss patient and provide oral instructions to patient, caregiver and/or guardian as instructed by clinician.
• Stock operatories at end of each day and also aid in ordering of supplies
• Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to operating compressor, removing trash and soiled linen, operating computers, xray systems, stocking supplies, purging water lines, sanitizing suction lines, packaging and autoclaving instruments and properly handling biohazardous materials
• Participate in on call rotation
• Mentor dental assistant students
• Dental Assistant certification-Radiology certification preferred-Coronal polishing certification preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in dental assisting
• Experience with patients with Intellectual Disabilities
Kramer Davis Health strives to provide a positive work experience by valuing work-life balance. We provide our employees with a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, and retirement packages. KD will not discriminate and will ensure discrimination does not occur in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation.