Posted December 26, 2016
In preparation for your success, please consider the following:
1. Have you established your work calendar for the coming new year? Doing so not only enables you to calculate a daily production goal but empowers your hygiene staff to pre-appoint your continuing care patients with certainty.
2. Do you know how much you must produce and collect next year to have the practice of your dreams? Knowing your fixed costs, calculating for your variable costs, allowing for any elective expenses, and adding in your compensation package (including retirement plan funding), will give you the answer.
3. Have you and your team reviewed your fees and adjusted them as needed? Failure to do so will absolutely put you in a competitive disadvantage and prevent you from providing patient care that is consistent with your vision.
4. Have you and your team reviewed your practice management and operative systems? Proper training and cross-training of team members and fixing “broken” systems will lead to success. Brainstorm together! Keep what works; eliminate what doesn’t.
5. Have you and your team planned for continuing education? Investing in personal and professional growth not only advances team skills and keeps the “passion” alive, but also provides an important, intangible benefit to team members by providing them with growth opportunities. While this list is far from “all-inclusive,” examining these key concepts can help you enjoy your best year ever!