Let’s be honest; there are many things to love about working in the dental field. From helping young patients overcome dental fears to restoring a long lost smile – and all the little things in between – dentistry is an important and life-changing field.
Recently, we asked our Facebook community to share why they love being a dental professional. The responses are truly heartwarming:
- I am a dental hygiene student and have my RDA. I am excited to become a hygienist so that I can provide services for those who cannot afford treatment. I love providing excellent care for my patients while giving them a positive experience. –Ashley Klein
- My favorite thing about being a dental professional is that I truly believe that I can make a difference in people’s lives. The fact that I can get someone to smile more and feel more confident is one of the greatest rewards. Building confidence in the world today is hard enough. –Rhonda Petersen
- 8 years in, and every day is new day with new patient cases. This is what I love because no matter what, I am challenged on a daily basis to clean the best, hurt the least, and make another smile. –Jess Rogers
- I love being a dental professional because I love making a difference in so many lives. –Debra Harden Buchanan
- When someone who hasn’t been to the dentist in years looks in the mirror when I’m finished and just beams with excitement. –Brooke Sergent
- I love being gentle and helping scared patients to begin trusting and loving dentistry again. –Tina Hall
- I love being a dental professional because each day presents a new opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives. There is no greater joy than helping give someone their smile back. I can honestly say, even after 30 years, I learn something new every day. –Elizabeth Ross Reynolds
- I love being able to work with a great dental team and a doctor that allows me to try new and creative ways to grow the practice. I love dentistry! –Angela Donovan
- I love being an RDH because I am able to inform patients about how important their dental health really is. I love when they come back for their follow-up appointment and have improved on their home care. –Jacy McElhinny Mietus
Whether you’re just knocking on the door of your career in the dental field, or you’re a seasoned professional, we hope these words will inspire you to start tomorrow with a smile; a smile that can only come from knowing you’re part of an amazing ‘club’ of talented people doing important work!