Let’s be honest; there are many things to love about working in the dental field. From helping
young patients overcome dental fears to restoring a long lost smile – and all the little things in between – dentistry is an important and life-changing field.
Recently, we asked our Facebook community to share why they love being a dental professional. The responses are truly heartwarming:
- I am a dental hygiene student and have my RDA. I am excited to become a hygienist so that I can provide services for those who cannot afford treatment. I love providing excellent care for my patients while giving them a positive experience. –Ashley Klein
- My favorite thing about being a dental professional is that I truly believe that I can make a difference in people’s lives. The fact that I can get someone to smile more and feel more confident is one of the greatest rewards. Building confidence in the world today is hard enough. –Rhonda Petersen
- 8 years in, and every day is new day with new patient cases. This is what I love because no matter what, I am challenged on a daily basis to clean the best, hurt the least, and make another smile. –Jess Rogers
- I love being a dental professional because I love making a difference in so many lives. –Debra Harden Buchanan
- When someone who hasn’t been to the dentist in years looks in the mirror when I’m finished and just beams with excitement. –Brooke Sergent
- I love being gentle and helping scared patients to begin trusting and loving dentistry again. –Tina Hall
- I love being a dental professional because each day presents a new opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives. There is no greater joy than helping give someone their smile back. I can honestly say, even after 30 years, I learn something new every day. –Elizabeth Ross Reynolds
- I love being able to work with a great dental team and a doctor that allows me to try new and creative ways to grow the practice. I love dentistry! –Angela Donovan
- I love being an RDH because I am able to inform patients about how important their dental health really is. I love when they come back for their follow-up appointment and have improved on their home care. –Jacy McElhinny Mietus
Whether you’re just knocking on the door of your career in the dental field, or you’re a seasoned professional, we hope these words will inspire you to start tomorrow with a smile; a smile that can only come from knowing you’re part of an amazing ‘club’ of talented people doing important work!
DentalPost is the dental industry’s premier and largest online and mobile job board.
We connect and educate more than 850,000 job seekers in the U.S. and Canada to build better places to work through teams that excel.