1. Project a professional image: With today’s technology, there’s no excuse not to produce a first-class document. Use high-quality paper and an easy-to-read font (like Arial Black), enclose it in an inexpensive presentation folder, and be absolutely certain to spell correctly!
2. Be honest and accurate: Tim Twigg, President of Bent-Erickson and Associates, a nationally known and highly regarded HR firm, advises that up to 43% of all resumes contain information which is either inaccurate (at best), or untrue (at worst)! Don’t even think about starting a new job based upon dishonest information!
3. Tell me why you’re different: Sell me on you and why I need you instead of the other three candidates I’m considering. Tell me what sets you apart from the competition.
4. Check your work history: If you’re already employed, but looking for a better opportunity, understand that a job change or two can be overlooked, especially with a good explanation. But beware, numerous positions held for a short time will send your resume to the circular file.
5. Inject your core values into your resume: Having the skills necessary for the job is half the battle. By incorporating your core values in your resume, the employer will see how successful you will be in their office. Nobody knows the office culture better than the person in charge of hiring! Cultural fit is an essential part of hiring and it will allow them to better understand how you will align with their core values.
Hope these tips will give you a lift and a head start! Good luck and best wishes!
Posted July 04, 2019
Each year delivers more new dental technology that makes dentistry easier, faster, and more cost-effective than ever before. But like many other hygienists, this trend has you a bit concerned. You’re wondering how all the rapidly-developing technology will impact your dental hygienist duties. Could new dental technology devalue the work you do or render your […]
Posted July 03, 2019
With the increasing competition in the dental industry, it makes it more critical that you have effective marketing. Online marketing is the best way for your clinic to generate more patients if done correctly. The fact is most of your dental customers are online now. The best way to reach out to them is if […]
Posted June 21, 2019
Spend more time with family. Have more time to pursue hobbies, go back to college, or write a book. Earn extra income to supplement your current job. Why do you want to temp as a dental assistant or hygienist? Temping in a dental office can be a super-convenient way to earn while maintaining a flexible […]