Dental AssistantDentists Of South PasadenaSouth Pasadena, CA 91030
Now is the time to join Dentists Of South Pasadena. You will have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced professionals. If youre ready to take your career to the next level and gain valuable experience, apply today!
The primary role of the Registered Dental Assistant Extended Function (RDA-EF) is to assist the dentist in gaining the patients commitment to the best possible treatment, with urgency. Key duties associated with assisting the dentist in starting treatment include: utilizing x-ray time to promote the good qualities of the dentist, learning the patients expectations while educating them with intra-oral pictures, using effective and anticipatory chair-side skills, and effectively supporting the dentists diagnosis after the examination when the patient asks questions. The RDA-EF should abide by procedures needed for compliance with state and federal safety regulation, infection control, and permitted duties.
• Perform functions in accordance with the applicable states Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
• Actively participate in attempting to achieve the Perfect Patient Experience® by striving to keep your patients focused on the best possible treatment with urgency.
• Attend to the patients individual concerns and expectations.
• Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment where your patients feel comfortable; prepare patients for treatment, and assist the doctors - thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
• At the direction of the dentist, obtain dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and careslips), instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care, record patient charting and all doctor notes on treatment record.
• Prepare tray setups for dental procedures, present instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices and sterilize and disinfect instruments, equipment, and operatories in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
• Escort patients to/from the front desk and introduce them to the Continuing Care Clerk.
• Maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed, an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policy and strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration
• Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, and smell. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paid time off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Child care assistance
• Paid time to volunteer in your local community
• Shift premium pay for eligible roles who work weekends
Pacific Dental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are united in our mission to create healthier and happier team members.