Dental HygienistBrocks Gap Dental GroupHoover, AL 35244 Brocks Gap Dentistry is seeking an experienced part-time or full-time experienced certified dental hygienist to be apart of our team! We are looking for a hard-working, professional, and charismatic individual who will contribute to success of both our patients and our practice.
Located in Hoover, Alabama, Brocks Gap Dentistry is one of three state-of-the-arts practices within Brocks Gap Dental Group (also home to Pediatric and Adolescent Dentistry and Brocks Gap Orthodontics). As a family dentistry, we offer services such as routine hygiene cleanings, periodontal therapy, root canals, dentures, veneers, in-office and at home whitening, inlays and onlays, and same-day crowns! Our practice is led by Doctors Frank Cain and Dane Hoven.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• State of Alabama Dental Hygienist Certification
• CPR Certification
• 2+ Years general hygiene experience (preferred)
• Experience with dental software programs and electronic health records
• Dental anesthesia license (preferred, not mandatory)
• iTero Intraoral Scanner training (preferred, not mandatory)
• Promotes dental health by completing dental prophylaxis, providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies, charting conditions of decay and disease.
• Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
• Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient making them feel welcomed and comfortable.
• Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sterilizing and maintaining instruments.
• Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
• Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums, using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession and exposing and developing radiographic studies.
• Arrests dental decay by applying cavity- preventing agents.
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions and providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
• Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories and charting in patient records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
• Use of dental technology
• Dental health maintenance
• Infection control
• Health promotion and maintenance
• Excellent customer service skills and chairside manner
• Creating a safe, effective environment
• Active listening skills
• Administering medication
• 32-40 hours per week
• Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• No weekends!
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Insurance Benefits
• Uniform Allowance
• Continuing Education
TOOLS and TECHNOLOGY
• Dental lasers, probes, scaler and accessories (autoscalars, cavitron equipment, dental curettes, hand scalers, hollow hand scalars).
• Dental x-ray machines, digital dental x-ray units, panoramic dental x-ray units, portable dental x-ray units.
• Teeth cleaning devices or accessories: air-driven dental polishers, air/water syringes, dental polishers, motor-driven dental polishers.
• Intraoral cameras -Dental billing, scheduling, and dental charting software.
To apply, please email your resume, cover-letter, and references to Melanie Roehm, Brocks Gap Dental Group Practice Manager, at [sign in to DentalPost to see current contact info].
Brocks Gap Dental Group
1015 Brocks Gap Parkway
Hoover, AL 35244
[sign in to DentalPost to see current contact info]
([sign in to DentalPost to see current contact info]