Dental Hygienist ConfidentialSpring, TX 77379
Are you a registered dental hygienist who is tired of the insurance grind? Have you been intrigued to learn the biological approaches to dentistry where a dental hygienist can make a true difference? Or are you already a certified biological hygienist? Are you an outside the box thinker who would love to try a different approach? Is your philosophical bent one that leans toward medical freedom of choice? If so, Our office is growing! We currently have 1 full time dental hygienist, and 2 part time. We are searching for another full time hygienist, as one of our part timers wishes to retire.
We are a Rapidly Growing Holistic Family Dental Practice in the Spring/North Houston area Seeking a Dental HYGIENIST with a holistic approach to life.
For the right candidate, once full time, we offer
1. Health insurance,
2. 401K benefits,
3. Profit sharing,
4. Paid time off,
5. Paid uniforms and
6. Paid CE.
7. Paid travel and meals for CE.
8. AFLAC pre tax benefits.
Office hours are from 7:30-5pm. We begin seeing patients from 8 am. The last patient is generally seated at 3pm. We are NOT the office that will ask you to see a patient every 15 minutes. Our hygienists typically see about 6-7 patients per day. We generally work 4 days per week, though sometimes we may work 5 days for several weeks if there is a major holiday coming up and we are making up for the time we will take off. Our goal is actually to see patients 16-17 days per month.
The right candidate will have the following qualifications:
1. WE HIRE FOR DISC PERSONALITY MATCHES! So if you are interested and have not yet filled out the assessments that Dental Post offers, please fill those out before you apply for this dream job!
2. Recent graduate from Hygiene School is acceptable - hand skills, personality, an open mind and a holistic bent are more important than years of experience to this office. We can train virtually everything else, but attitude, work ethic, gentleness, an open mind and temperament matter more than how many years a person has been working in the field.
3. Laser certified is desirable. Every hygienist has a Picasso Lite laser assigned to them to use with our perio patients. We are a VERY high tech office, and added a Fotona Lightwalker laser to our armamentarium at the end of 2020. Our doctors LOVE it. If you are not certified, we will pay for your training as soon as its feasible.
4. Ability to handle very young children to very old people. Our OFFICE is a TRUE FAMILY DENTISTRY general practice, and we see all ages, from birth to very old age, and special needs patients as well. Excellent clinical ability and very gentle hand skills and a personality that is pure sunshine are obvious desirable traits!
5. Experience with Dentrix practice management software - especially charting, documenting, pre-treatment” planning, etc., is a definite plus!
6. Experience with high tech dentistry. We are a paperless office -- from the Dental Intel online/computer paperwork system to digital x-rays to CBCT, to intraoral camera documentation to CEREC, to the STA anesthesia system, to the Fotona Lightwalker laser and ozone use for both surgical and non-surgical and periodontal uses. Certification in dental laser use is important. Its not MANDATORY, as we can always train the right candidate, but its helpful to have. All of our charting and patient notes are done on the computer, all patient documents are scanned.
7. Extensive Experience educating and discussing necessary treatment with patients. Please note -- ours is an office that has a VERY STRONG holistic bent -- as in -- we believe the mouth is the window to the rest of the body. It can tell us more about a patients overall health than the actual patient knows. The successful candidate will embrace this philosophy of the whole health being tied to the health of the oral environment. We believe in the power of nutrition, and we are airway centered in our approach.
8. Knowledge and understanding of airway centered dentistry is a definite plus! Our office is an airway centered biological dentistry office. So finding a dental hygienist who understands airways is definitely a good thing.
9. Intimate knowledge of dentistry and excellent verbal skills converting it to plain English. The successful candidate will be able to explain oral conditions and dentistry to their patients in plain English (Spanish is a plus, but not mandatory), and be able to communicate to them the urgency of the need for treatment.
10. Ready and available professional references from previous employers and coworkers to affirm your ultimate integrity and ethical standards.
11. True team player in every sense of the word. This is important. Every team member has jurisdictions in our office, and we all help each other. Even the doctors will pitch in where necessary. It is part of our office culture.
12. Great phone skills, relationship builder, multi-tasked, highly organized, goal oriented, detail oriented.
13. HABLAR ESPAÑOL es deseable pero no mandatorio. Tenemos muchos pacientes hispanos y necesitamos a una persona honrada y honesta que hable, lea, escriba, y entienda bien el español.
If you feel that you are a great fit for our team, we would love to continue our conversations! We are not in a hurry to hire just anyone. We are looking for the right fit, as our team members become our family, and are long term employees. Our goal is to grow old together in a stable, nurturing environment. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please send your resume and cover letter introducing yourself to: [sign in to DentalPost to see current contact info]. Thank you!