Dental AssistantMajor SmilesMurfreesboro, TN 37128 JOB DESCRIPTION
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. We are looking for a highly motivated/upbeat dental assistant for our brand new state of the art dental office, in Murfreesboro, TN!
Position Title: Chair-Side Assistant Effective Date: 6/23/2022
Reports To: Practice Dentist and Office Manager
Status: Non-exempt, Regular, “At-will” Work Status, Full-time
Under direct and indirect supervision, the chair-side assistant will assist the Dentist, Dental Hygienist, and Dental Assistants in both administrative and clinical duties. The chair-side assistant will provide patient and practice support services; including, but not limited to, personal assistance, medical attention, and emotional support.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Standing 80%.
• Sitting 20%.
• Moderate noise levels from dental and other lab equipment.
• Medical, office, and lab setting.
• Minimum moving requirements of 35 pounds in order to transfer equipment and pack and unpack supplies.
• Frequent bending, twisting, and position changes in order to examine and service patients.
• Exceptional hand eye coordination and control in order to use dental implements for exams, to provide dentist assistance, and mixing and/or placing materials on dental tools, products, and in mouths.
• Frequent client and interoffice personnel interaction as this position is chair-side to dentist and heavily dependent on excellent customer interaction.
• Near Vision—the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer) as required for mixing and placing materials on tools and in mouths.
• Escort patients to work stations and answer any general questions or forward patient questions or concerns to dentist when necessary.
• Timely prepare treatment area by sterilizing, positioning, and delivering instruments for dentist’s access.
• Actively provide hand instruments and materials as needed to Dentist, Hygienist, or Dental Assistant during exams and procedures in order to help maintain patient comfort and efficiency.
• Using and maintaining hazard control protocols as established by OSHA and office standards.
• Preparing and presenting patient and office production statistics and reports.
• Assist with confirming appointments, collecting patient payments, preparing billing, processing insurance
forms, reception duties, and scheduling patients for procedures when needed.
• Create or work with doctor to create and administer patient loyalty program.
• Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
• Maintain regular attendance and adhere to assigned work schedule and office policies.
• Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
• Must be able to work independently and cooperatively in team settings.
• Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order to participate in continuing education or seminars.
• Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
• Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards.
• Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards.
• Adhere to office policy and procedures when collecting payments.
• Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude while working
around blood and unpleasant smells.
• Must be detail oriented in order to work efficiently in small spaces and maintain patient comfort.
• Must be flexible and understand that job duties may change from time to time and that this individual
may be asked to assist in other areas of the office.
• Must excel in forward thinking in order to anticipate the needs of the doctor as well as the patient.
• Must demonstrate active listening by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Must demonstrate good reading comprehension by understanding written sentences and paragraphs
in work-related documents.
• Must demonstrate excellent communication skills by talking to others to convey Information effectively.
• High school diploma or GED certificate.
• Preferred diploma or certificate from an approved dental assisting program as accredited by CODA.
• No experience required