Dental HygienistSmyrna Family DentistrySmyrna, GA 30080 Smyrna Family Dentistrys dental hygienist are an important component of helping our patients enjoy going to the dentist. Patients are greeted with improved hospitality and introduced to a one-of-a-kind, whole-body wellness experience. Our dental hygienists provide excellent care that prioritizes the needs of the patient and ensures that the patient is fully informed at all times. Most importantly, dental hygienists work as part of a cohesive dental team, with supportive leadership, continual training to enhance their careers, and excellent benefits.
The position works 3 days per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, but we are happy to offer up to 5 days a week to anyone interested.
401K with 4% Match
Paid Volunteer Day
Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
PTO + paid holidays
GENERAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and escort patient from the waiting area to the hygiene operatory room in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner.
- Deliver direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygiene procedures; performing routine treatment procedures.
- Develop and implement individualized dental care plans for patients; performs patient education, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of the doctor.
- Assess dental condition and needs of patient; uses patient screening procedures, to include review of medical history questionnaire, dental charting, and perio charting.
- Take patient’s vital signs, prior to administration of anesthesia. Administer local anesthetic agents.
- Document dental history or chief complaint; records and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate, to ensure follow up on results.
- Assist and implement emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
- Perform patient triage and initiates patient care as appropriate for walk-in patients, in cases of emergency.
- Set up and break down of hygiene operatory rooms on the daily schedule.
- Prepare materials needed for the prescribed hygiene treatment; sterilize/disinfect instruments and set up of instrument trays.
- Clean calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums, using dental instruments.
- Remove excess cement from coronal surfaces of teeth.
- Apply fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Feel and visually examine oral soft tissue and gums; using probes for sores and signs of disease, to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
Feel lymph nodes under patients chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate presence of oral cancer. - - Process digital images.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by the Managing Doctor.
- While patient is in the hygiene operatory room, schedules next periodontal maintenance appointment.
- Provide clinical services and health education to improve and maintain oral health.
- Assists in the patient admission, transfer, and discharge process, as required, with patient reception, telephone calls, and other office duties.
- Prepares update letters/follow up reports on patients forwarding to the appropriate referring Doctor.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, supports, and implements company mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior in the clinical department.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Managing Doctor and/or the management.