Pediatric Dental AssistantThe Smiley ToothRockwall, TX 75032 The Smiley Tooth Pediatric Dental is seeking to hire a Registered Dental Assistant to our team! We are looking for a detail oriented, reliable team member for our fast-paced office. We value our employees and strive to offer a fun and educational work atmosphere! So, want to be part of a team that rewards employees with positive feedback, retirement plan, paid vacation, health benefits, continuing education benefits and other great incentives? Apply today!
• Responsible for turning on all dental equipment.
• Prepare all equipment, instruments, and materials for use prior to patient arrival.
• Escort each patient to the operatory in a timely manner.
• Help patients feel comfortable before, during and after treatment.
• Stay in the operatory and interact with the patient until the doctor arrives.
• Take X-rays as needed or instructed after reviewing case notes or dental referral.
• Confirm with medical history with patient and make any necessary changes needed.
• Confirm the patient is aware of and educated on the treatment being performed.
• Assist the doctor with all dental treatments and/or procedures performed.
• Responsible for accurately charting appropriate data in the patient’s record. Including but not limited to clinical notations, clinical irregularities,
treatment performed, updates of medical history records, additional doctor’s comments, confirmation of the priority of treatment with the doctor and
noting the patient’s response and questions to treatment.
• Provide patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures. You will also work with the Dental Treatment
Coordinator to ensure our patients are scheduled for proper treatment and length of dental appointment is accurate.
• Sterilize and disinfect dental instruments properly: must remove all organic and inorganic materials from dental instruments before sterilization
• Stock all operatories and designated sterilization area(s).
• Responsible for notifying the Lead Dental Assistant of materials that are running low and need replacement or re-stocking.
• Assist in daily and monthly maintenance of all sterilization equipment, hand pieces, hand piece motors, suction, traps and x-ray/sensors units.
• Navigate software without assistance.
• Aid the Lead RDA in training of new Sterilization Techs, RDA’s and Doctors.
• Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
• Maintain regular attendance and adhere to assigned work schedules and office policies.
• Must be flexible.
• Regular attendance of continuing education courses.
• Must maintain certification and/or license renewals as required by state.
• Must excel in forward thinking to anticipate the needs of the patient and our dental team.
• May be required to travel between office locations. Must be insurable by the company’s insurance.
• Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned by management.
• Must be comfortable in a face paced, quickly changing environment.
• Strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
• Comfortable interacting with the public.
• As a condition of employment, qualified applicants will be subject to a background check, including criminal history, driving history and character
Education and Experience:
• Current license and/or successful passage of state boards.
• CPR Certification
• Successful passage of radiation exam.
• Minimum two to four (2-4) years of relevant experience, preferably in the specialty.
• Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift up-to 50 pounds.
• Exposure of hazards to eyes, lungs, and other body parts.
• Exposure to chemicals and potentially hazardous materials.
• Must wear protective equipment (e.g. goggles, gloves, masks) to protect eyes, handle hot objects, or to avoid inhaling dust.
• Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
• Must have high finger dexterity to perform duties involving work on the computer and with instruments.
• General office equipment (e.g. computer).
• Hand pieces, suction and a variety of instruments
• General lab equipment (e.g. model trimmer, etc.)
• X-ray equipment