Do you want to work in a positive, enjoyable atmosphere? If so, we are the
practice for you! We have a fun team, with the latest technology and a sincere
dedicated dentist. Specialty office focused on exceptional customer care and
quality, in west Orlando (Ocoee) area seeking an additional full-time,
motivated, energetic and experienced Certified Dental Assistant to join our
team. We value and appreciate all of our staff because our success wouldn't be
possible without each one of them. Join our practice that has been voted "Best
Dentist" in the Orlando Magazine 9 years in a row.
Dental assistant to work under the Prosthodontist’s supervision to prepare for
restorative dental procedures, and to help the dentist during these procedures
by setting up the room, passing instruments, suctioning, and generally
anticipating the dentist’s needs. Some Other responsibilities may include
sophisticated functions such as removing sutures, processing x-rays, making
temporaries and taking the oral impressions that are used to fit crowns.
• Work with the direct supervision of the Prosthodontist
• Perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties,
including but not limited to providing chair-side assistance while dentist
examines and treats patients.
• Ensure patients are as comfortable as possible in the dental chair,
prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental records.
• Generally anticipating to hand instruments and materials to dentist and
keep patients’ mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
• Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment, prepare trays of
instruments for dental procedures, and instruct patients on postoperative and
general oral health care.
• taking full mouth series of radiographs, panoramic radiographs, and CBCT
• Setting up and cleaning up rooms using proper disinfection and
• Prepare materials for impressions and restorations
• Pouring impressions (including boxing and pouring), trimming casts
(models) and maintaining the laboratory clean and organized
• When needed, support and assist the hygienist, including but not limited
to cleaning trays, room setups and cleanups.
• Support the radiographic needs for other specialty offices
• Must be able to take good notes and enter them into our paperless dental
• Certified as a Dental Assistant by the A.D.A.
• Four years of Dental Assistant experience
• Dental implant experience, desired
• Must be reliable, work well with others, be a team player and have good
• Must be current in all certifications
• Expanded duties is a plus
• Bilingual is a plus (Spanish/Portuguese)
Benefits of joining Smiles of Orlando
• Competitive compensation and benefits package (In-house Dental plan,
Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, xxxK benefits, Uniform allowance and paid
• Four day work week; Monday-Thursday(8-5:30pm schedule) with monthly
Friday office meetings
• Work in a professional environment where the focus is on patient care