Our office in Gettysburg, PA is looking for an experienced Orthodontic Assistant
that is self-motivated, dependable,
charismatic individual to join our team as patient relations sales coordinator
for our growing orthodontic department. The ideal candidate should have
excellent prioritization skills, pay careful attention to detail, and have an
enthusiasm for relating to people both in person and over the phone. We are a
busy office and cross training is essential from assistant to TC. A love for
personal interaction and the ability to follow through with projects will lead
to success in this job!
Job responsibilities may include:
- Building rapport with potential patients, current patients, and parents and
acting as a liaison between them and the doctor.
- Presenting treatment recommendations to potential patients and discussing
their financial obligations and options.
- Utilizing excellent verbal skills to re-enroll potential patients to increase
income and sales rates in the practice.
- Creative brainstorming in the areas of marketing and community relations.
- engaging in daily correspondence via mail, email, and phone with potential
patients, current patient base, and colleagues in the dental industry.
- Daily use of the computer utilizing word-processing software and orthodontic
practice management software (OrthoTrac), for which training will be provided.
- Demonstrate superior knowledge of all doctor systems and assisting processes.
- Provide chairside assistance to the orthodontist
- Breaking down and setting up treatment rooms
- Preparing patients for procedures by getting x-rays, setting up instruments,
- Taking necessary x-rays
- Knowledge of all equipment, instruments, and supplies
- Stocking supplies and replenishment of treatment areas
- Ordering orthodontic supplies
- Cleaning, sterilization and storage of instruments
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment and instruments
- Cleaning and maintaining treatment rooms-
- Collection and preparation for disposal of medical waste
- Performs duties within OSHA, HIPAA, healthcare and dental regulations
- Others duties as assigned
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel needed, general computer knowledge and
comprehension is necessary, and technology problem-solving skills a plus. High
school education is required; college coursework or post-secondary education a
plus. Qualified candidates should also possess the following skills:
- Attention to personal appearance and presentation for face-to-face
consultations with patients and their families.
- Ability to educate others while addressing their desires, concerns, or
- Exemplary communication skills including effective listening skills to meet
- Willingness to learn and execute new sales-coaching processes or programs.
- Commitment to ethical conduct and respect for privacy protocols.
Four to five day work week. Candidate must be willing and able to work between
the hours of 6:30am and 7:30pm. 36-40 hours per week.
If you possess these qualities we look forward to hearing from you!
Competitive wages, major holidays off, xxxK benefits, medical/dental benefits,
staff/family outings, continuing education, work with top-notice practice
management consultants. Please send a letter of introduction, including salary
requirements accompanying your resume to [please sign-in to view contact information].