TITLE: Office Manager with Orthodontic Focus
(South Texas Dental - Plano Office - xxxx E. Parker Rd, Suite xxx, Plano, TX xxxx4)
STX Healthcare Management Services is on a journey of significant growth which
involves providing business and professional management services to Dentists. The
organization is focused on moving from a regional player in the Dental Services
Organization (DSO) industry to a National competitor segmented into multiple
regions under multiple brands. The company will experience significant growth
primarily through acquisitions representing well over xxx dental offices throughout
North America. Our regional brands of will represent our mission to provide cost
effective quality of care.
The Office Manager is a vital resource to our team within the dental centers. While
the office manager is responsible for the day to day execution of their respective
dental center, they are focused supporting their team to provide a great service
experience in an efficient and effective manner to our customers and patients.
The office manager is an experienced professional that brings a wealth of clinical
and operational skills and direct involvement necessary to effectively manage the
day to day operations at the dental center. This position is responsible to ensure
their dental office is effective in acquiring and retaining patients by providing a
remarkable experience for our customers. This is done by building a highly skilled
and engaged team of professionals in which teammates will have a unique pride in
working for our organization and knowing that their role is a vital part of the
company’s success to providing cost effective, great quality of care.
The Office Manager must be an experienced leader with strong business acumen,
service orientation, and excellent leadership to successfully communicate, mentor
and coach teammates in the delivery of high performance within a fast-paced
environment. It is critical that the Office Manager is both actively engaged and
hands on with working knowledge of the operating systems and processes in order to
lead, coach and manage the overall performance of their teammates.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, TASKS
• Lead the day to day execution of processes that maximize productivity and
profitability of assigned dental center.
• Provide necessary planning and communications across entire team to ensure
operational effectiveness in scheduling, maximizing production and other
operational goals. Ensure well coordinate handoffs on resolving issues and seamless
deliver of service to patient care.
• Be an invaluable resource to teammates through coaching, training and managing
overall performance of cross functional staff. Pay great diligence in hiring
qualified staff that meet or exceed the demands of delivering high quality service,
high performance standards and professionalism expected in our dental centers.
• Perform effective Consultative/Sales/Financial Arrangements for Treatment
Planning; including the provision of accurate estimates of patient copays based on
advanced knowledge of insurance utilization rules that result in the patient
valuing and committing to their recommended Care Plans. Enable patients to
understand their out of pocket costs and payment options that lead to the
successful collection of copays.
• Partner with direct leader or Finance department on an on-going basis to ensure
strong understanding of dental office performance against key performance metrics
and ensure the dental center is meeting or exceeding financial goals for revenue
and expenses. Proactively review reports and data to identify opportunities to meet
overall operational goals as set by executive leadership and Chief Dental Director.
• Ensure operational adherence to company policies and procedures with teammates,
including management of time keeping, work schedules and attendance management,
conflict management among staff, performance management and corrective actions
(behavioral and skills). Proactively engage direct leader and human resources as
• Create a cohesive team within the dental center, inclusive of clinical staff
(Dentist, Hygienist, RDA/DA’s) and Front Office Staff, by creating a shared mission
and high engagement of the remarkable experience initiative and supporting the
quality of care to customers and patients. Implement appropriate engagement and
performance practices to motivate teams and inspire innovation.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with related training, safety and OSHA
requirements at all times with all personnel
Other Role Dimensions:
• Approximately number of employees under direction: (10-15)
• Approximate revenue ($1M-$2M)
CRITICAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Leadership and Accountability: Leads through coaching, developing and driving
accountability at all levels in the organization. Models the values of the company
and sets high bar of expectations for delivering service and overall business
• Results Focused and Achieves Superior Results: Demonstrates personal initiative
and drive. Sets high standards and goals, builds appropriate actions within their
business to ensure successful attainment of these goals. Energizes others to
perform their best.
• Analytical Thinking: Demonstrated strong personal understanding of KPI's and
drivers of the business. Leverages data and trends to develop insight and put
actions in place to achieve targeted outcomes.
• Talent Management and Inspires Others Around a Common Vision: A valued resources
and leader of people. Able to mentor and build capabilities within team and bring
exceptional talent into organization. Assesses talent level to the required
standards and has appropriate management practices to ensure employees have
necessary skills to perform at high level.
• Influence and Earns Trust and Confidence: Demonstrates the courage to
make difficult decisions and foster candid conversations. Encourages candor and
transparency. Able to create an environment of trust and openness with direct team.
Has the skills and credibility required to influence team (Front Office, Clinical)
and customers to ensure necessary changes are taken to ensure continued ethical
growth of the business.
• Clinical and Operational Expertise: Continuous learner and demonstrates ability
to personally develop and build technical, clinical and operational knowledge to
ensure excellence in operational support of the delivery of high quality care.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Associates Degree in business, operations or related field or demonstrated
equivalent leadership experience required for this role.
• Bachelor degree preferred.
• Background in leveraging Practice Management technology in operations
with demonstrated analytics and analysis capability.
• Minimum of (2) Years’ experience with extensive Dental or Business Leadership
Working extended hours and weekends often required.
POSITION LOCATION: STDA Plano Office - xxxx E. Parker Rd, Suite xxx, Plano, TX
We are an equal opportunity employer.