We are a well established practice in Murphy,TX. We needs a full-time Dental
Hygienist to join our close-knit team. The Hygienist will work Monday, Tuesday,
Thursday, Friday and every alternate Saturday.
We are closed every Wednesdays.
We serve all demographics of the population, from preschoolers to the
elderly, and we operate a busy office with high levels of traffic. The ideal
candidate will have a calm, reassuring and friendly demeanor as well as the ability
to multitask in a fast-paced atmosphere.
Dental Hygienist responsibilities
* Take X-rays of patients' teeth and develop them for dentist's use
* Collect medical and dental histories from patients
* Instruct patients of all ages on proper dental hygiene and care
* Chart dental conditions based on dentist's observations and evaluations
* Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and
from beneath gum margins.
* Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually
examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease.
* Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
* Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr
certification,emergency drugs and oxygen supply,and directory of emergency numbers.
* Educates patients by giving oral hygiene instructions and postoperative
instructions; providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
* Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and
dental histories; charting in patient records.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules,
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks;
participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Dental Hygienist skills
* Current state license required
* Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene required (Bachelor's preferred)
* Basic understanding and knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Current CPR certification required
* Knowledge of Open Dental preferred