Assist with oral and maxillofacial surgery patient care.
* Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and
* Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and
* Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to
treatment area; positioning instruments for surgeon's access; suctioning;
* Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic
studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
* Helps surgeon manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr
certification and emergency drug and equipment inventories
* Educates patients by giving preoperative and postoperative instructions.
* Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures,
rules, and regulations.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and
* Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance
requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting
malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories;
new equipment and techniques.
* Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory
level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for
verifying receipt of supplies.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Certified Dental Assistant, Previous surgical experience is preferred,
Familiarity with treating, monitoring and recovering sedated patients,
Successful completion of DAANCE or OMAAP dental anesthesia assistant programs
preferred, Infection control and sterilization of instruments, Proficiency in
taking dental X-rays, Use of electronic health records, Four handed assisting,
Must be personable, outgoing and a team-player.