This is a full time Pediatric Dental Hygienist position if you are able to
travel to work 3 days per week in Elgin and 2 days per week in Central Austin.
This position is part-time if you are only interested in working at the Elgin or
Central Austin locations 3 days per week.
The Dental Hygienist's (DH) primary responsibility is to perform quality and
efficient hygiene procedures while building and maintaining positive and
professional relationships with patients. The DH is directly responsible for the
patient's excellent experience and for patient retention while in the hygiene
department. The DH contributes to the overall financial success of the practice.
* Provide superior patient care and service; make the patient the #1 priority;
exhibit outstanding customer service and hospitality as well as chair side
* Practice Servant Leadership; lead by example; exercise good team work; have
mutual respect for team; partner with team to create an exceptional experience
* Practice to the standard of care of the State Board of Dentistry; follow rules
and regulations of the Dental Practice Act of the applicable state.
* Stay on schedule as much as possible to create "no patient wait time;" help
manage patient flow; maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged,
ready to work at all assigned shift times.
* Educate patient on oral hygiene/health/disease as well as procedures and
services; establish/communicate continued care.
* Follow the company's Periodontal Protocol which is based on American Academy
of Periodontology, ADA and ADHA guidelines.
* Comply with state and federal laws for chart documentation; follow OSHA
guidelines on PPE and use standard precautions.
* Verify patient health history (review basic health status, medications;
understand impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patient's chart.
* Thoroughly and efficiently perform clinical hygiene functions including but
not limited to exposing/processing/evaluating diagnostic X-rays, taking and
recording blood pressure, adult/child prophylaxis, non-surgical periodontal
therapy and co-assessing treatments with doctor.
* Complete periodontal charting per guidelines
* Manage financial responsibilities/Hygiene scorecard.
* Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
* Accountability for successful performance of all job functions
* Perform the following duties as applicable by practice and/or state laws:
Perform polishing accurately
Offer fluoride treatment to all patients
* Clean and prepare operatory per guidelines prior to patient appointment
* Sterilize equipment and operatories per OSHA guidelines
* Assist other team members, including front office responsibilities
* Education/Certification High school diploma or equivalent
*Dental Hygiene certification from accredited dental hygiene school; pass Texas
licensing board examinations
*Outstanding positive attitude and demeanor
*Professionalism in all aspects of job
*Good grooming and professional image
*Superior team work skills; strong ability to work well with others
*Excellent verbal and written communication skills
*Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
*Good computer/dental software skills
*Good manual dexterity
*Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
* Overtime required to perform job functions as approved by Office Leader
* Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
* Safety procedures and personal protective equipment required including
protection to minimize the risks from X-rays and blood borne pathogens
* Potential long hours standing on feet
We offer full benefits and xxxK! Dentrix experience is a plus and bilingual is
very helpful! We look forward to meeting you!
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Equal Opportunity Employer