We are looking for a friendly, personable, and enthusiastic Dental Hygienist to
add to our stellar team! We are a well established practice in Murphy, TX.
We want that "right person" to grow with our team, enjoy their time at work, be
challenged with what they do, and make a difference in the lives of our
We serve all demographics of the population, and we operate a busy office with
high levels of traffic. In addition to preventive care appointments and
scheduled procedures, we accept walk-ins and take emergency calls. The ideal
candidate should have a calm, reassuring and friendly demeanor as well as the
ability to multitask in a fast-paced atmosphere.
Dental Hygienist responsibilities
* Collect medical and dental histories from patients
* Instruct patients of all ages on proper dental hygiene and care.
* Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and
beneath gum margins.
* Using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession;
exposing and developing radiographic studies.
* Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing
* Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary
restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
* Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr
certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency
* Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and
postoperative instructions; providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene
* Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and
dental histories; charting in patient records.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks;
participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Dental Hygienist Requirements
* Current state license required
* Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene required (Bachelor's preferred)
* Basic understanding and knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Current CPR certification required
* Knowledge of Open Dental (not a must)