JOB DESCRIPTION : Customer Service Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Supervisor??
Responsible for receiving patients and visitors, determining their needs and
directing them accordingly. Answers telephone, makes appointments, Performs other
clerical and administrative tasks as required.
Duties of the Position:
• Greets visitors, directs them to sign in, determines their needs, and
directs them accordingly.
• Make sure the proper paperwork is completed for new and old patients.
o Update file
o Copy Insurance and Identification Card
o Input basic information into computer
• Answers questions and gives information directly or over the telephone
within the limits of knowledge and dental practice policies.
• Management of the company’s (Lighthouse) Appointment Confirmation
• Make and check of appointments, giving routine non-medical instruction in
preparation for the patient’s visit to the practice.
• Input phone numbers for next day appointment confirmations.
• Log in and out lab Cases. Contact patients to set up appointments.
• Check Voice Mail for appointment needs and other messages.
• Prepare paperwork for patient referrals at the Doctor’s request.
• Answer phone
• Maintain Waiting Room and make sure children are monitored by their
• Refer all irate patients or any complaints to your Supervisor to the
Office Administrator immediately.
• Do housekeeping chores, runs errands, supplies, bank, etc.
• Periodically check rest rooms for supplies and tidiness.
• Performs other duties as required.
Graduation from high school with courses in business and typing. Experience in
public relations and business. Previous patient contact work in a dental practice
would be an advantage. Completion of a Dental Assistant course at the Junior
College level is desirable.
• Be able to operate computer typing 40 words per minute accurately.
• Possesses the tact required for work situations that involve dealing with
patients to secure payment of delinquent accounts.
• Has the skill to deal professionally and effectively with patients,
physicians and other employees in the environment.
• Has a preference for dealing with people who are in pain and need
• Does not supervise any other employees. Receives supervision from their
immediate Supervisor and Office Administrator
• Reports to the Supervisor (and/or to the Office Administrator in the
absence of the Supervisor) in all matters. In case the above Supervisor is not
available, report to Corporate Officer.