JOB DESCRIPTION FORM
JOB TITLE: ORTHODONTIC ASSISTANT
(These duties do not preclude performance of other jobs that may be assigned.)
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
To be knowledgeable in all aspects of patient care and maintain communication
with doctor, patient and office staff to ensure we provide the ultimate patient
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Not listed in order or importance and/or frequency)
1. Provide excellent interpersonal skills to develop effective
relationships with our patients.
2. Greet and escort patients in a professional manner.
3. Proficiency in documenting data onto chart and systems.
4. Ensure housekeeping is monitored throughout the day to ensure we
provide a sterile environment for our patients.
5. Assist in the administration of treatment as required or directed by
6. Promote an atmosphere supportive to patient and parent by providing
explanation of treatment progress and promoting good oral hygiene.
7. Assume responsibility associated with any expanded duties that may be
delegated by doctor.
8. Assist with morning/evening duties on a daily basis.
9. Lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team;
maintain a smooth flow of patients throughout the day; create “no patient wait
time” by being present, engaged, ready to work at all times.
10. Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA and follow OSHA and
company safety policies.
11. Be an advocate cultivating our social media networking. Engage with
taking pictures/videos for office staff to submit content through social media
applications on a daily basis.
12. Maximize awareness and engagement with our Patient Reward Program by
promoting effective incentive and recognition programs for our patients.
1. Responsible for cleanliness of clinical, lab and sterilization area and
stocking clinical supplies.
2. Sterilize equipment and operatory per OSHA guidelines.
3. Prepare cases for laboratory and retainers.
1. Consistently follow all office guidelines communicated from Managers
2. Assist co-workers when needed.
3. Promote a team concept by interacting with others in a positive manner.
4. Help in other areas when necessary (i.e. assisting other doctors when
needed, unpacking on supplies, office duties, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Excellent communication skills and the ability to write concisely and
2. Congenial personality, outgoing and able to motivate and relate to all
types of people.
3. Ability to deal with needs of the practice, patients and capacity to
maintain a calm demeanor regardless of the situation.
4. Interest in analyzing the patient’s needs and making suggestions for
improvement of business relations in order for the practice to operate more
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Commitment to ongoing training and learning
2. Knowledge of OSHA and safety compliance
3. Working knowledge of dental equipment
4. Must have current CPR certification
5. Must have active radiology license