We are looking for a highly motivated, responsible, cheerful, well-
organized, and team-oriented Front Desk / Patient Concierge! Candidate must have
good interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask. We are a start-up dental
office near the Tomball and Spring-Klein areas.
This position serves as an ambassador of the office. He/she will
facilitate patient flow, register new patients, update and collect patient
demographics, assist with insurance verification, present treatment plans and
financial arrangements, and assist with community outreach. Dental assisting
experience is a plus. Most of the work will be in the front but he/she may be
needed in the back at times.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet patients and provide outstanding customer service
- Check patients in/out, compile and present treatment plans, receive
payments/co-payments and issue receipts using the practice management software
- Notify patients of outstanding accounts for payment;
- Receive phone calls; records and distributes messages or routes call
appropriately; schedule patient appointments in person and on phone;
- Check patients out, schedule subsequent appointments and reinforces the
importance of keeping their appointments;
- Confirm, update, and verify all patient demographics, insurance information
and clinically necessary information;
- Document, submit and scan registration forms, medical records and other
medical documents into the practice management software in a timely manner;
- Gather and verify information required to bill various payment sources,
including private insurance for dental services, 3rd party financing, and in-
- Verify dental insurance eligibility for all billing and/or denials;
- Educate patients on dental insurances as needed;
- Prepare daily reconciliations batch report and keep count of daily collections
and ensure that the money balances with the daily batch;
- Ensure that work assignments and information gathered from day to day work is
not shared with anyone and protect all patients' and agency information;
- Comply with HIPAA rules and regulations regarding the protection of the
- Master EHS system understanding and commitment to HIPAA rules and regulations;
- Follow through with customer inquiries, requests and complaints. Forward
difficult and non-routine inquiries or requests to appropriate level for
- Assist in general maintenance and cleanliness of the office
- Assist both front and back office team members where needed - including
turning over rooms and taking radiographs if properly qualified
- Ability to build good rapport with patients and staff
- Assist in outreach and marketing efforts, both at the practice and off-site
- Strong customer service skills;
- Insurance and dental experience preferred; Dental assisting experience a plus
- Knowledgeable of and maintains HIPAA standards of privacy and confidentiality
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, complexity, and diversity of patients;
- Competency with Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Must be able to utilize the Internet for research;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Familiarity with office equipment (ex. Computer, fax, scanner)
- Attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED; Associate degree preferred. Experience in the
dental field and referral/patient navigation and/or billing/dental records is
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general health and social services
guidelines, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write
reports and health correspondence. Ability to effectively present information
and respond to questions from groups or patients, center staff, and the general
public. Fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand, sit, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a
computer, telephone and keyboard reach.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting (up to twenty-five pounds) is required.
- Ability to uphold the stress of assisting patients of diverse backgrounds.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Fluently bilingual in Spanish.
- Above average skills in language ability as well as public speaking and
- Must have good transportation and a valid Texas Driver's License.
Please provide references and a resume when contacting, as well as the
winner of the xxxx Super Bowl in the subject line or the first line of your
email. An employment application will be sent to qualified candidates to be
Thank you for your consideration!