POSITION: Clinical Care Assistant, Dental
JOB LOCATION: Native American Health Center, Inc. (NAHC), xxx Capp Street San
Francisco, CA xxxx0
WORK HOURS: Full Time, xxx% FTE, 40 Hours per week
This Clinical Care Assistant (CCA) will improve health outcomes of members
through outreach, panel management and care coordination. The main
responsibilities of this position include completing required grant activities,
providing dental case management, assisting members in accessing dental care,
improving the quality of dental services, assisting dental providers with dental
case management and participating in continuous quality improvement.
The Native American Health Center is an accredited institution and adheres to
the standards of excellence set forth by the Accreditation Association of
Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and the Commission of Dental Accreditation
This position is grant funded through 12/31/xxxx.
If interested, please apply through our candidate portal by clicking the link
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Panel Management/Care Coordination
1. Link families to NAHC for dental care, insurance information and resources
through outreach and panel management efforts. Identify and resolve barriers to
2. In collaboration with the Data Team, run and provide requested reports and
participate in the validation of data and clinical outcome results. Develop
reports to assess effectiveness of outreach and care coordination efforts and
update strategies accordingly.
3. Assist primary care providers (PCPs) in formulating processes to identify and
address unmet care needs. These processes might include PDSA cycles that include
outreach, dental interventions, and follow-up evaluation.
4. Daily outreach and follow up with members via phone, letters, member portal
messaging, and face-to-face interaction in order to coordinate member care,
implement action plans, and communicate PCP recommendations to members.
5. Assist in closing the loop on subspecialty referrals including scheduling
these appointments, providing reminder calls and confirming visits have been
completed with referred provider.
6. Assist members with accessing care through outreach and reviews of treatment
plans. Schedule appointments according to treatment plan and assist members with
accessing additional services at NAHC.
7. Maintain accurate member registries via bi-monthly outreach and lost-to-care
follow up in order to provide current and accurate data.
8. Enter notes, update and maintain member records in the Electronic Dental
Record (Dentrix). Notes must be entered within 72 hours of service delivery.
9. Provide education to members around preventive dental services and dental
treatment plans in an individual and group setting. Develop and deliver grade
and age appropriate classroom education on preventative health subjects to
students of varying ages.
10. Provide administrative support to health education services. This will
include member recruitment, attendance monitoring, and arranging group
11. Maintain absolute integrity of clinical data sets, including accuracy,
validity and ensuring data has not been manipulated.
12. Member Care: Demonstrate understanding and apply working knowledge of safety
policies and ensuring safe member practices.
13. Employee Safety: Safely performs all duties; follows required protective
protocols to ensure personal safety as well the safety of others.
14. Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of
posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
15. Quality Improvement: Actively participate in internal quality improvement
teams and work with members proactively to drive quality improvement initiatives
in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the organization, federal
and state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards, when assigned.
16. HIPAA: Keep all protected health information (PHI) confidential and abide by
HIPAA policies for the release and disclosure of any PHI. Will report
unauthorized use of disclosure of PHI immediately, to supervisor or HIPAA
17. Work well under pressure, meet multiple and often competing deadlines.
18. At all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors,
subordinates, colleagues, clients and the community.
19. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
1. High School Diploma plus 2-3 years’ equivalent experience working in a
2. Knowledge of chronic conditions, medical terminology, and health education.
3. Proficiency with Microsoft office suite, including Excel.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
5. Energy, enthusiasm, resourcefulness, and the ability and desire to initiate
6. Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
7. Good organizational, time management and record keeping skills.
8. Dependable, self-motivated and experienced in outreach.
9. Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with people from various ethnic,
socio-economic, educational and experiential backgrounds.
10. Vaccination Level 2: Must be able to provide TB, Physical, seasonal flu and
proof of Vaccination immunity for Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella & TDAP
prior to start date. If vaccination records are more than 10 years old, titers
are required to confirm immunity.
11. CPR certification must be obtained within 90 days and kept current at all
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a health related field
2. Previous experience working as a Medical Assistant is strongly desired.
3. Proficiency in Spanish highly desirable.
4. Experience working in a community health setting is preferable.
5. Experience working with an E.H.R. (i.e.Next Gen), i2iTracks, and/or Crystal
6. Prior experience with panel and population management desirable.
7. Computer literate; familiarity with Microsoft Word.
8. Excellent customer service skills with members, supervisors, colleagues and
9. Able to multi-task and be self-motivated.
BENEFITS: Native American Health Center (NAHC) considers our employees to be our
most valuable resource and offers an excellent benefit package: competitive
salaries, personal time off (PTO) or sick/vacation leave program, and an
employer contribution xxx(b) retirement plan to full-time regular status
employees. We also provide medical, vision, dental, flexible spending, group
term and voluntary life insurance coverage for employees and their dependents—
with a percentage of employee contribution for dependent medical premiums. Note
to Applicants: Please be advised a post job offer, pre-employment Physical and
TB test are required as a condition of employment. Additionally, you may be
asked to get a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance as a contingency
for an offer of employment. Criminal clearances are obtained to protect the
welfare and safety of clients receiving services at NAHC. Preference in hiring
is given to qualified Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference
Act (Title 25, US Code, Section xxx and xxx). Applicants claiming Indian
Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation
or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER: Within the scope of Indian Preference, all candidates will receive
equal consideration without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national
origin or other non-merit factors. Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA):
Native American Health Center abides by the mandates of the ADEA (protecting
individuals 40 years and older) and considers age a non-merit factor in all
employment decisions and considerations. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Native American Health Center abides by the mandates of the ADA and considers
disability a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and considerations.
Furthermore, NAHC will make any practical, feasible, and reasonable arrangements
to accommodate qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.