General dentistry practice in Plano seeking a reliable and hard working person
to join our team for Dental Hygienist position. This person takes pride in
their work, is driven and focused on self-improvement. They want to be part of a
close-knit, highly motivated team, that is about positively impacting the people
of our community.
This is a full-time position for 3 days a week - Monday thru Wednesday, possibly
Who we are looking for: Must have excellent communication skills and be team
oriented and motivated. Someone who values relationships, that enjoys
talking to people. The person is especially positive in their mindset and
solution minded, not problem focused.
Some experience will be useful but not required.
What we do: We are a general dentistry office located in downtown Plano. Our
office offers wide range of services including cosmetic procedures, implant
restoration, Invisalign, endodontics, and oral surgery. We take pride in our
faith, family atmosphere and energetic, fun work environment. The practice is
family owned and operated, and is a smaller team of 4 employees.
Benefits for full-time employees are provided-
Covered dental care.
Paid vacation (entire office closes at this time)
IRA match and paid time off after certain term of employment (will be discussed
with the right candidate)
1. Safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality (HIPAA).
2. Assist staff in scheduling patient’s next recall appointment. Maintain
patient recall system.
3. Greet patients when they sign in and monitor arrival time and patient flow.
4. Escort and seat patients in the hygiene room.
5. Take accurate and high quality radiographs.
6. Obtain and review patient health history according to office protocol.
7. Demonstrate care and concern, while helping patients feel comfortable.
8. Educate patients about oral hygiene, demonstrate as needed, and address their
questions and concerns.
9. Sterilize all hygiene handpieces and instruments, and disinfect hygiene room
according to OSHA regulations. Sharpen hand scaling and root planing instruments
as and when needed.
10.Chart existing restorations and conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis
and treatment by dentist.
11.Take intra-oral pictures as needed.
12.Keep trays, instruments and hygiene room drawers organized.
13.Monitor inventory and order dental office supplies as needed.
14. Help in other areas of the office when necessary (i.e., answering phones,
unpacking supplies, completing insurance forms, moving former patient records,
15.Be an active participant in team meetings. Promote team concept by
interacting with others in the office.
16.Perform clinical procedures within the scope of dental hygiene practice.
Procedures include but are not limited to, performing adult and child
prophylaxis, performing scaling and root planing, application of topical
fluoride, localized antimicrobial delivery in periodontal tissues and performing
full periodontal charting.