Dental Assistant II
The MetroHealth System
We're leading the way to a healthier community.
And we need your expertise to get there.
You can play an important role with an essential health system that is committed to
doing more than making people feel better. The MetroHealth System is restoring the
health and well-being of the communities we serve throughout Cuyahoga County, Ohio
with individualized, patient-centered care. Our team of 7,xxx strong delivers care
at our main campus near downtown Cleveland, and at more than 25 other MetroHealth
locations, as well as 40 additional sites through community partnerships.
As the site of the county's most experienced Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level
II Pediatric Trauma Center, we offer one of the only two adult and pediatric burn
centers in the state of Ohio. Accommodating a total of more than one million
patient visits annually, MetroHealth is an academic medical center for teaching and
research and is affiliated with Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.
In addition, it has earned Magnet® status for nursing excellence.
Our mission is as follows: "Leading the way to a healthier you and a healthier
community through service, discovery, teamwork, and research." Here is your
opportunity to help us accomplish this objective:
DENTAL ASSISTANT II
Local Travel to Satellite and Home-Care Facilities
Supporting our dentists in the delivery of high-value dental care to patients
ranging from children to adults, the professional we select will work at satellite
and home-care facilities throughout The MetroHealth System. This individual will
contribute to patient safety by providing evidence-based care; providing a safe
environment; reporting safety concerns, errors and near-misses; participating in
system-improvement initiatives; participating in timeouts for invasive procedures
with patients; and complying with all infection-control standards. Additional
* Preparing the work area to receive each patient, including the complete set-up
and preparation for scheduled treatments prior to the arrival of the dentist; and
maintaining the work area for readiness at all times.
* Preparing procedural trays/armamentaria set-ups.
* Taking and electronically capturing necessary radiographs (panoramic bite wing
and periapical); displaying radiographs; and documenting them in Dentrix after each
x-ray per ODH standards.
* Receiving, seating, and draping patients.
* Using the chart to ascertain the prescribed treatment for each patient.
* Anticipating needs in the delivery of prescribed treatments and preparing
* Preparing for the doctor a list of appointed patients and prescribed treatments.
* Providing post- and pre-operative instructions to patients.
What you'll need to succeed:
* One or more of the following: High school diploma or passage of a high school
equivalency exam AND graduation from an approved American Dental Association (ADA)
certified dental assisting school; OR five or more years of experience as a dental
* Current Ohio dental assistant radiographer license.
* Current BLS certification.
* Willingness and ability to work according to the job assigned and put in overtime
as needed, including days, evenings, weekends, and in home-care service/outpatient
dental clinics within The MetroHealth System.
* Access to the reliable transportation essential to travelling to all satellite
locations or home-care facilities on an as-needed basis
* One or more years of experience as a dental assistant.
Your skills, ambition and experience can elevate the health and well-being of
friends and neighbors. In return for your contributions, we offer the competitive
salaries and extensive benefits you would expect of an industry leader.
Learn more and apply now at our career page:
Or forward your resume directly to Michael Hanley: [please sign-in to view contact information]
The MetroHealth System is an equal opportunity employer.