Registered Dental Assistants – Extended Function perform a variety of patient care,
office, and laboratory duties. The primary role of the Registered Dental Assistant
Extended Function (RDA-EF) is to assist the dentist in gaining the patient's
commitment to the best possible treatment, with urgency. Key duties associated with
assisting the dentist in starting treatment include: utilizing x-ray time to
promote the good qualities of the dentist, learning the patient's expectations
while educating them with intra-oral pictures, using effective and anticipatory
chair-side skills, and effectively supporting the dentist's diagnosis after the
examination when the patient asks questions. The RDA-EF should abide by procedures
needed for compliance with state and federal safety regulation, infection control,
and permitted duties.
- The primary role of the Registered Dental Assistant Extended Function (RDA-EF) is
to assist the dentist as necessary to gain the patient's commitment for the best
possible treatment with urgency.
- Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state's Dental Auxiliaries
Table of Permitted Duties.
- Actively participate in attempting to achieve the Perfect Patient Experience® by
striving to keep your patients focused on the best possible treatment with urgency.
- Attend to the patient's individual concerns and expectations.
- Promote the good qualities of your doctor.
- REQUIRED: Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED),
and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure,
- DESIRABLE: Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or
technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and government regulations. Ability to communicate
effectively and present information, both verbally and in writing, to patients and
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, or
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using
whole numbers, decimals and percentages. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion,
national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical
disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/pcnn6msbmgpjbw49